• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HELP!!!!! PUKING CORN

Rainey

Why can't I have more?
Hey all!

Please I need your help! Kassie (my normal corn is regurgitating everything I give her. I've been keeping the temp high during and after feeding times. She's puked up 3 meals so that's about 2 weeks worth of food. I'm pretty worried about her.

Does anyone know what I should do? I'm guessing she's sick, does anyone have any home remedies, before I take her to a vet?

Thanks a tonne!

If she seems really tender on her underbelly then it could be enteritus. I would suggest collecting a faecal sample asap (could be worms etc) and take that and snake to the vet. As for home remedies, the only thing that I would think of is raising the temps, which you've already done so the vet would be next option. Also give her a chance to build up stomach enzymes after she regurges. It could just be a passing bug, leave her for a few days with raised temps then try feeding again (first check that she seems ok in herself). If she is still regurging then go to the vet. Sorry I can't be of any more help! :(

How long did you wait after she regurged the first time to feed her again? You should leave them alone for 7-10 days to let them build up their stomach acids and enzymes. Otherwise they won't have enough to digest the next meal, and will regurgitate again.

If you did wait, then I recommend you get a fecal sample and bring her to the vet.

I hope she gets better...

I didn't leave her that long, I tried on her scheduled eating days which aren't 7 - 10 days apart. I'll leave her for a while, thanks!

Another question, when I do feed her should I give her her normal 2 fuzzies or should I give her just one?

I think your problem could be feeding too much food after the snake has regurged. I suggest just feeding one newborn smallest size pinky. Do this for 2-3 feedings until the digestive system gets back into order before you start feeding larger prey.

Since Kassie has regurgitated several time rather than just once, I recommend waiting more than just 7 days.
I would wait probably closer to 2 weeks if I were in your situation. (just my opinion of course)
Good luck

Rainey said:
Hey all!

Please I need your help! Kassie (my normal corn is regurgitating everything I give her. I've been keeping the temp high during and after feeding times. She's puked up 3 meals so that's about 2 weeks worth of food. I'm pretty worried about her.

Does anyone know what I should do? I'm guessing she's sick, does anyone have any home remedies, before I take her to a vet?

Thanks a tonne!
hello,my snake is having the same problem,she has a big bulge in her now for about 4 weeks....try giving her a bath ive heard it helps out quite a bit with most problems..i just gave mine a bath about 20 mins ago and she loved it!She even shedded some access skin offf !!I hope i helped you some,can u pls read my thread ...its in health issues and feeding problems...its kinda a silly question but no one has replied yet and i really need some help!!!thank you,take care CIALA(aka Gummo!)

Rainey said:
Hey all!

Thanks a tonne!
hello,my snake is having the same problem,she has a big bulge in her now for about 4 weeks....try giving her a bath ive heard it helps out quite a bit with most problems..i just gave mine a bath about 20 mins ago and she loved it!She even shedded some access skin offf !!I hope i helped you some,can u pls read my thread ...its in health issues and feeding problems...its kinda a silly question but no one has replied yet and i really need some help!!!thank you,take care CIALA(aka Gummo!)

Rainey said:
Hey all!

Thanks a tonne!

Back