PDA

View Full Version : new snake,no name

new snake,no name

lynn
04-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Well, no good had to get another snake, now got an Amel today and she is beautiful but we are a bit stuck for a name. At the moment the suggestion's are Tango, Belle, Pebbles anyone got any idea's please.:D

Kevin M
04-20-2002, 05:18 PM
:)

Iris
04-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Well...I'm not too good at coming up with names but I'm getting an amel corn (90% chance of me getting one) in 2 months and I'm naming her Isabella or him Damian. It's not really something you can just make up on the spur of the moment unless of course you have a special talent..;) but are you looking for a person name or something like "pebbles" like you said? My friend's amel corn is named Tangerine lol I have no clue why though.
Um...well listen around to other people suggestions and take one of you like.
I think a good name for any female animal is Aphrodite. :) Gotta love those Greek myths. or is Venus the Greek name? I did myths in 6th grade so I don't remember.
Well anyway, I think you will know when you ahve the right name. but please don't name her Pebbles. (Just my personal opinion but I don't particularly like that name :))

jim
04-20-2002, 10:19 PM
quite a few of my snakes have names rooted in greek or roman history and mythoogy...
aphrodite-amel
venus-snow
narcissus and echo-miami pair
cressida-candycane
cicero and ceres-caramel pair
pluto and persephone-ghost pair
adam, lilith, and eve- hypomel trio, not greek but....

LizS
04-21-2002, 08:25 AM
I like to name my snakes after food items, as I enjoy gourmet meals. I let the color of the snake inspire the name. My snakes are named Pimento (hypo blood red), Spice (silver queen ghost), Strawberry (amel milk snake phase x candy cane), Nutmeg (miami), Tequila (butter), Salsa (hypo okeetee), and Kir (hypo lavender. Kir is a French drink of white wine with a splash of blackcurrant syrup). A friend of mine has an anery called Pepper and an okeetee called Chili.

For an amel, how about Cheddar, Cointreau, Cognac, Amaretto, Peaches, Ambrosia, Chutney, Muffin, Souffle, Persimmon, ...?

Iris
04-21-2002, 09:47 AM
oooh I like the name Ambrosia!
Wasn't that the food of the gods or something? Nectar and ambrosia?
Oops not to suggest that your snake will become food for anyone..but I just like the sound :)

Motley Fool
04-21-2002, 10:02 AM
<b>Here are some for an Amel...</b>

Sunburst
Ray (like sun ray)
Mars- a planet and a roman god
Venus- <i>Roman</i> goddess of love and sea
Aphrodite- <i>Greek</i> goddess of love and sea
*Note- the two above are the same deity
Apollo- if its a male
Tangerine- I like that suggestion by Iris

Good Luck and wish I was you:)

CornsnakeKeeper
04-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Some more:

Lilly, Candy, Dolly, Anne or Annie, NoFeet, Sally, & Sassy

Just some suggestions.

What'd you choose?

Iris
04-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Ooh I like "Sunburst"
I got another idea for my future amel-Sunkist! That's so cute
Hey Lynn why don't you have like a poll where people can vote? The choices can be the names you like best but of course you will have the last say on what the name will be.

Duke182
04-22-2002, 10:16 AM
I found my amel motley's name (Kiko) on a hawaiian translation website. you can type just about any thing you want and come up with some pretty cool sounding names.

Duke

absolutneil
04-22-2002, 01:23 PM
no, not those type of words! My snakes all have 4-letter names.

It is a theme I have going. Some of them make sense, some don't. Don't put too much time into it. Give them a name you like.

just my suggestion

lynn
04-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Well, still undecided but it is now between Tango, Keesha, Aphrodite, Cleo. Would put it on a poll but don't know how. Thank you everyone for your suggestion's, nearly there. Pebbles was on the list because my daughter chose it, when I got my first corn we called her Wilma because her setup looked like the flinstones that's where the name Pebbles came from. Fed her for the first time tonight and she had both pinkies no problem.:D

Iris
04-22-2002, 03:58 PM
for what it's worth, I like Tango and Aphrodite the most.
I used to know how to make polls but I kind of forgot now...
sorry!

kellum
04-22-2002, 04:18 PM
has to be a redhead
Lucy?

nicky
04-22-2002, 05:08 PM
well I like tango.

Alicia
04-22-2002, 05:43 PM
What great names to choose from. I personally like Tango cause thats the name of my SunglowXAmel:) I did write some of these down for future ref.

:) Alicia

sueb
04-23-2002, 03:17 AM
:) Hey I have a creamsicle that I named Cleo, it's a great name. I named her after the Egyptian queen, Cleopatra.:D Great choice if you decide on it.

lynn
04-23-2002, 12:07 PM
At long last we have decided on Tango like the advert "Have you been Tangoed" and she certainly has. Thank's everyone, never thought it would be so difficult to name a snake. Touble is definitly a good name maybe I should get some more to use the other name's up.:D :D