PDA

View Full Version : Shedding and feeding...

Shedding and feeding...

Madame
08-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I just recently brought a baby home and it's had no interest in eating at all. It's only been a few days so I figure it's probably just stressed out (since she's still quite shy) or I just need to try braining or scenting the pinkie... So as I'm about to go buy some more pinkies, I noticed that her eyes are quite foggy (which explains why her colour seemed duller yesterday than it did when I first brought her home, haha.)

So I assume she's in shed, right? Would this explain why she has no desire to eat? Should I wait until she's shed before trying to feed her again, or should I try braining a pinkie tonight, just to see?

Thanks!

JoannaD
08-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Since she already has refused a meal and you have only had her a few days I would wait. She may not be eating because of the new environment or because she is in shed. In any case, it is best not to try and feed her more than once every 5 days so that they don't become conditioned to not eating. Your snake will be fine if she goes without eating for a week or more.

Good luck and congratuations on the new addition.

Joanna

Penman6668
08-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!! There is a lot of information here. Be sure to read the FAQ section in the forums. They answer a lot of questions. There is a search feature that answer many questions also.
There are a lot of great people here. Everybody is always willing to help.

jenkva
08-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Bienvenue Madame!

Here is a link with a lot of information that you might find useful:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=268385&postcount=3

Personally, I do not feed my snakes when in shed as they tend to go to the warm side to help the digestion but when they shed, they are more towards the cool side and generally I find they will look for food only a day or two after having shed their skin.