PDA

View Full Version : does this look bad?

does this look bad?

SSSara
08-27-2006, 01:04 PM
hey everyone. alright i know this isnt a corn snake, its a macalotte python, but my question isnt about the actual snake but the abrasions on it. this snake belongs to a friend of mine (she has 2) and one bit the other a while ago. shes just taking care of the animals over the summer, so she only knows enough to take care of them temporarily, and she doesnt know if she should be worried about how these look. im no expert on cuts either, so i told her id ask you guys!!
thanx for any insight you can give her.

Tula_Montage
08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
First of all seperate the snakes so they dont have the oppertunity to bite each other. Second of all, You will need to get some ointment on the wounds to stop any infection. Maybe take the animals to a vet?

danvega
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Apply polysporin (not neosporin) to the wounds once every 2 days.

SSSara
08-27-2006, 01:28 PM
this happened about a week ago, and she has separated them since. she has been using polysporin on the wounds, im not sure how often... thats why that one picture looks a little goopy lol she says the one cut looked slightly infected at first, and looks much better now, but she wants to know if there is anything that looks unusual about the cuts

i figure they will just scar and the scales probably wont grow back properly... is that a good guess?

stuart
08-27-2006, 04:51 PM
i figure they will just scar and the scales probably wont grow back properly... is that a good guess?

Pretty much lol

dawnrenee2000
08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Please advise her to have the animal on newsprint or papertowels, ( something flat/solid), so that particles of substrate do not lodge inside the open wounds.

SSSara
08-29-2006, 02:25 PM
k, will do
thanx for the help everyone