PDA

View Full Version : feeding after shedding ?

feeding after shedding ?

quezz
08-27-2006, 02:29 PM
appoligies if this is covered somewhere else but i have scoured the forum and carnt find the answer to my question.

i tried feeding kelloggs (a snow corn which ive had 2 weeks)last night but for the first time she just wasnt interested and just wanted to get out of her feeding tub as soon as poss.
when i awoke this morning i noticed she had shed in the night and seemed to be back to her happy go lucky self playing pop up with me ( she likes to poke her head out of her hide and when i look directly at her she pops back down for around 10 seconds and thepops up to see if i`m loking at hr again and if i`m not looking directly at her waits for me to turn my head and pops down again )

but anyway enugh waffling and to my question

is it ok to try her on a pinky tonight or should i wait a few days now she has shed before trying to get her to eat ?

thanks in advance

Susielea
08-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi quezz, I would go right ahead and offer her another pinky. If any of mine refuse a feed when they're getting ready to shed then they are usually ravenous once they've got the old skin off. If she still refuses then give her 2 or 3 days and try again as it must be hard work getting out of that tight suit.
Good luck i hope this helps.

BeckyG
08-27-2006, 07:09 PM
I'd wait 4-5 days between feeding attempts. I've heard that you can condition snakes to refuse food if you try feeding them too often.