PDA

View Full Version : Corn woes

Corn woes

bozoskeleton
04-20-2002, 07:33 PM
Hi all-

I'm sorry to say my corn has passed on. He hadn't been eating right and regurging almost every meal after about 4 days of feeding. I was even giving it mice that had been born that day so I know the meals weren't too large. Sad sad days..... Hope all is well with you guys.

Bryan

kenalotia
04-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that, Bryan. :(

CornsnakeKeeper
04-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Sad news. Don't get too discouraged....

Kevin M
04-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Sorry for your lose Bryan, Will you be getting another corn?

-Kev

bozoskeleton
04-20-2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah I think I will get another one but maybe one that is a little older. Mine was not very old and I got him from a shady pet shop so I'll wait until the herp show on the 28th of April and maybe pick one up there. Thanks for the sympathy guys.

Bryan

Jr Nimeskern
04-20-2002, 10:41 PM
sorry man... ya i would really recommend getting a older one... sometimes those young ones just wont take the food... but I think its sorta rare for a death... dont worry about the next one... theyll be alot betta... just keep on lovin

lynn
04-21-2002, 01:28 AM
Sorry about your corn let us know if you get another.

Warren
04-21-2002, 04:31 AM
Hey Bryan,

Sorry to hear about your loss! Keep in mind that even the biggest breeders around lose snakes from time to time. Like everyone has said, getting a subadult may be the thing. At least when you see one w/ good body weight you know it's been eating. I'm Glad to hear your not giving up!

L8r,
wc

Iris
04-21-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm sure you'll have better luck getting one from a breeder at the herp show. Pet shops...well they don't exactly have a spotless, sparkly-clean reputation....
Good luck!

bozoskeleton
04-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks again... You've all been great.

Bryan

Herper
04-21-2002, 12:26 PM
so sorry! i dont own a corn yet but may soon. i think i can uderstand how sad you feel. thnx for letting us know, we really care!

:eek:

Serpwidgets
04-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bozoskeleton
Hi all-

I'm sorry to say my corn has passed on. He hadn't been eating right and regurging almost every meal after about 4 days of feeding. I was even giving it mice that had been born that day so I know the meals weren't too large. Sad sad days..... Hope all is well with you guys.

Bryan

Sorry to hear that. :(

For future reference, when a corn regurges you need to give it at least a week to recover its digestive juices. After the first regurge, it's not surprising that it couldn't hold down anything else for the next 3 days in a row.

nicky
04-21-2002, 05:51 PM
so sorry to hear I hope you get anouther

Simon
04-22-2002, 01:12 AM
really sad to hear your loss........hope that everything will go smoothly for you next time.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

absolutneil
04-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear what happened. Don't get discouraged. this is really not a common thing among corns. typically they are problem free.

make sure to get the corn snake manual to insure nothing like this happens again. You'll be fine.

keep on herping!

bozoskeleton
04-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Yeah I've got the Corn manual. I really didn't think much was wrong. Once it spits its food back up I still waited until feeding day to feed again, just to keep it on schedule. Pretty soon here I'll have another one so hopefully it will be a better experience.

Bryan

kellum
04-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Good luck. Keep us posted and post pics when you get a new corn.