PDA

View Full Version : Surplus Adults page has been updated!

Surplus Adults page has been updated!

Rich Z
11-21-2002, 03:15 PM
I am trying something new this time with my adult page. Please take a look at it and tell me if this will work or not.

Surplus Adult List (http://www.serpenco.com/surplus.html)

Thanks!

drizzt_19
11-21-2002, 03:34 PM
Hey Rich
I like the new shopping cart idea. I think it will work out great.

Gregg

carol
11-21-2002, 05:26 PM
It looks great. Very well organized. It will probably save you time in answering phone calls too. Very nice animals! Too bad I am broke....:( I would really love to get the normal het for hypo and lav, and be making my own hypo lavs by next year (my 01 male is HUGE) oh well, that is what I get for spending my money, I'll just have to wait until 04.:rolleyes: Great price!

Kat
11-21-2002, 05:58 PM
I like the layout... but are snakes which are purchased removed automatically from the page? I'm interested in getting a couple (I've sent you an email in that reguard), but want to be sure they're still available before I do any actual purchasing.

Rich Z
11-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Kat, no unfortunately I need to remove the listings manually as they are sold. I just got off the phone and have removed 4 of them that have sold. I did reply via email to you as soon as I read it.

Sigh, I wish I had the time to dig into my manuals on PHP and MySQL. This would be an interesting program to write.

Thanks.

Kevin M
11-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Your quick enough with the updates Rich. I mustve waited only 5mins before going back to the page so I could steal the photos and info for the adults I bought. And Boom, Gone allready!. hehe

Can't wait for Tuesday to roll along... Tick Tock, Tick Tock...

Rich Z
11-21-2002, 08:11 PM
Kevin, if you made notes of the ID numbers of the animals you bought, you can see the photos by looking in my pics directory.

Just plug in the ID number where the Xs are:

http://www.serpenco.com/pics/surplus/XXXXX.jpg

Yeah, I have to keep on top of this as sometimes this stuff sells fairly quickly. Matter of fact, Kat wanted the one female you dropped from your list as well as one you already have spoken for. Matter of fact, I have someone else I just got an email from whom wants that 96949 animal as well that Kat is interested in. I hate to sell it out from under her, but she hasn't committed to it yet.

See what I mean about things moving quickly?

Thanks.

Kat
11-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately, due to visiting my parents' house for dinner and my subsequent having chicken soup spilled all over the floor of my car, I don't seem to have returned home in time to get any of the ones I wanted (they're all sold). :P This has not been my day. Oh well... maybe next year.

Kevin M
11-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Rich, Thanks for the link. I couldnt remember the ID of the adults I purchased but upon checking my history and comparing to the corns that were removed I was able to find them...

Yeah, 96949 was a great find. I really wanted her too (Along with that female Butter!) but as I explained I just didnt have the right mate for her. Glad someone got her though!

I can only image how fast things move once the adults are put up for sale. Understandably thats why I called so fast yesterday. I thought for sure that while I was at work all the corns I wanted were raided allready. heh (For anyone interested I called Rich as soon as I got home from work and didnt even know what I wanted yet, I just wanted to get myself "locked in" as I perused the adults with him on the phone. :))

Kat - Sorry you didnt get what you were looking for. What other adults were you interested in?

Kat
11-22-2002, 06:33 PM
I was after the normal het lavender and hypo (I THINK she might be the one you mentioned in your post), and the normal het blizzard and bloodred. S'alright though, I've decided to expand my crested gecko collection instead. :>

Rich Z
11-22-2002, 10:34 PM
I hope you realize, that those aren't ALL the adults I have marked for surplus. When I get time to grab up the camera again, I'll be adding to that page.

But please, do not ask me what else I have available. There are some racks that I haven't even looked through yet with the surplus markers (green stickon dots) in hand.

Thanks.

Kat
11-22-2002, 11:52 PM
If there's another normal het for both amel and bloodred, can I have dibs? ;)

Simon
11-23-2002, 01:40 AM
LOL....hey Rich
If you have an adult amel bloodred for sale I might be interested if the price is not too high...I am so looking to get these........

Please let me know if you have these up for sale.

Also I send you a pm....please reply when you have time. Thanks~

Gregg
11-23-2002, 11:59 AM
You too, Kat.

I took 96949 because I have a 1.0 normal, het ghost & lavender
and another 1.0 normal, het amel, motley & lavender. My curiousity as to "what would happen if" got the best of me.

Besides, Carol wanted that snake also, since she has a 1.0 Hypomelanistic Lavender. She could use this girl for one of her projects next year and be able to get an early start. So, you see, I really didn't have a choice. The Northern California Corn Growers Co-Operative would have had my ass on the hot seat if I didn't buy that girl. (That's a joke folks.)

Don't worry too much about losing her. If my math is correct, she's was not that good of a producer. To quote Rich: "15 eggs and one slug in 2002. Double clutched." That would mean she only produced aproximately 8 eggs in each clutch. That might be on the low end of the reproduction spectrum for a 1996 baby, but I wouldn't know; I'm just guessing.

Rich Z
11-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Gregg - no, the number of eggs in the second clutch was not included in that total. The egg count was only from the first clutch.

Basically I don't even pay attention to double clutches. I don't purposely do it, so many times the eggs will be found dried up in a corner. Those that are viable, I just throw in large sweater boxes filled with vermiculite. Whatever hatches, hatches. But I call thos boxes my 'Fungus Farms', since many of those eggs will go bad anyway and some of the oddest looking moulds and fungi you can imagine turns up in those things. ;)

Gregg
11-23-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm glad that got cleared up.

I can barely wait until Tuesday. I'll give the old girl a good home.

Rich Z
11-24-2002, 05:37 PM
OK, about half of the animals have been sold off of the surplus page. Thanks for the response all you that have earmarked some for your own.

The way I am handling the page is to just remove the entry one the animal is spoken for. Any other way I would do it, without tedious editing of the file, would run the risk of someone else accidentally placing an order for an animal already sold.

Going to be a busy day tomorrow shipping all of those critters out.

Thanks.

Gregg
11-25-2002, 01:50 AM
Hey Rich,

Word on the street has it that you have put all these Surplus Adults into brumation already. Is that true? If it is, when were you going to tell us? I was assuming that I would be putting the one I bought into brumation--or not.

If the snake has put brumating, then would you please be considerate enough to let us know when it occurred?

Thanks

Rich Z
11-25-2002, 03:42 AM
I'm glad the 'street' is talking about my surplus adults. But you know, Gregg, you don't even have to put your ear to the road to hear this. It's posted on my Surplus List at the top. I don't remember exactly when I put that in there, but I admit it was an afterthought. Temps in one of the rooms is right at 56 degrees right now and has been that way since around the 10th of this month.

If you'll take a look at the calendar, you will probably see that it is late November. I was under the impression that most people brumate their corn snakes, and probably do so this time of year.

I'm sorry, but if it was or is important to you, I think your asking would have been in order, don't you? You're acting like I'm trying to pull some kind of fast one over on you. I hope it doesn't come as any surprise to people that I do chill my breeders down each and every year at pretty much on schedule. Been doing it that way for the last 10 years. Prior to the Orlando Expo starting up in '90 or so, I used to cool them down later.

If it puts a crimp in your plans, let me know by early Monday afternoon that you want to cancel the order and I'll refund your money and relist that animal. Otherwise it will be boxed up and shipped as previously planned.

Gregg
11-25-2002, 11:39 AM
I must have missed it.

Anyway, I don't appreciate your patronizing attitude. I'm well aware of the calender date. Temps here in Northern California are in the 70's during the day. I wasn't set on brumating any of my snakes until the middle of December. I don't think anyone here has started brumating their snakes either. The ones I know haven't.

As a businessman, I thought you would have had the common courtesy to inform buyers, just on the off chance that they were not at the point of brumating their snakes. Your way is not the only way, you know. It is apparent to me that it wouldn't and doesn't matter you in the least if a snake is received by a buyer and then taken out of brumation by accident because of a different climate, or for any other reason.

Sure, just push all this responsibility off onto the buyer. It's the buyer's fault for not knowing what you do with your snakes and when. Why would you think it was NOT important for me? Or anyone else, for that matter? Sure, you put something up on the Surlus Adults page, but I didn't notice it. It's possible that I may not have been the only one who hadn't noticed it.

Knowing this won't put a crimp in my plans. I can adjust. I am really pissed however, since I made a simple mistake and then asked a simple question, and like with other questions I've asked in the past, you've answered in a very negative, condescending manner.

Some busnessman.

Rich Z
11-25-2002, 11:53 AM
I do believe that if you read your messages to me (emails included) you will probably discover that I responded in a tit for tat manner. You're kind of being the pot calling the kettle black in this situation.

Be that as it may, I recognize a situation gone sour when I see it, so I have refunded your payment for that animal and am putting it back up on the surplus list.

I believe this is the best way to handle this, since you are obviously unhappy with the way I do business. So I do believe it will be both of our best interests if we just don't do business together.

Sorry it worked out this way.

Kat
11-25-2002, 12:42 PM
I don't think anyone here has started brumating their snakes either.

Actually, I brumated my snakes starting mid-October. As did Serpwidgets.

Rich, if that normal dh hypo lav is still available, I will take her period. I just absolutely refuse to use Paypal for anything. (I can call you up and give you a regular credit card number this evening, or I can send you a money order.)

-Kat

Rich Z
11-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Kat - Done!

Thanks!

Darin Chappell
11-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Gotta say, Gregg, your post took to the sour note first, as far as I can see. I'm sure Rich can have a bad day like any of us, but your snotty attitude in your previous post kind of brought his response upon you.

By the way, my snakes are in their third week of brumation. Seems like Rich ISN'T the only one doing things early this year!

Hope things get to looking better for you!

Hurley
11-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Actually, I brumated my snakes starting mid-October. As did Serpwidgets.

...as did Hurley. There are those of us out there that do brumate this time of year. Being's it's below zero here right now, seemed about the right time for me.

Just my input, for what it is worth.

Mare
11-26-2002, 11:46 AM
I was shooting for the first of December with the few I was going to Brumate but it's been so warm here that it's hard to imagine where there would be a cool enough spot!

At least it's been cold at night this week. Last week, it was in the High 80's, low 90's daytime and in the high 60's at night! Took my boat out at night on the 16th in shorts and a t-shirt and didn't get a bit chilled! Last Saturday night (23) was a bit chillier but still, not really cold.

At any rate, it's really different out here on the west coast...

Darin Chappell
11-26-2002, 12:15 PM
At any rate, it's really different out here on the west coast...

Boy, Mare, now THERE'S an understatement if I EVER heard one! :D

Seriously though, here in the Ozarks, we're looking at getting some snow today, and the low tonight is supposed to be right at 15 F degrees!

Just one word describes that situation adequately . . .

BBBBUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

;)

Alicia
11-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mare
I was shooting for the first of December with the few I was going to Brumate but it's been so warm here that it's hard to imagine where there would be a cool enough spot!

That's the date I was going for too, but we had a change of plans.
It turned off cold and some of my kids lost interest in eating all of a sudden. I figured now was as good a time as any. That awlful SSSSnow word is creeping into our forcast too!!!

Mare
11-26-2002, 02:41 PM
I have lived in California all of my life and have never lived where it REALLY snowed. I did live in the foothills of the Central Valley for about 10 years and we would get "Fun Snow"... just enough to play in but it never stuck for more than a few days.

I like "fun snow", don't know how I'd do with the real thing.

As for our scaley critters... it amazes me that any can survive the cold winter areas the way they do!

And Darin... different is indeed an understatement!

Cheers...

Mare

Alicia
11-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Whats bad about the snow here is that we have no snow plows or anything because "normally" we don't need them. If it snows just a bit, no work, no school, nothing till it melts off:D

I was born in So Cal and lived there till 6 years ago. I remember Christmas in shorts and t-shirts :cool:

Darin Chappell
11-26-2002, 04:25 PM
We don't often get a lot of snow here in this part of the Ozarks (we're actually on the wrong side of the mountain-affected weather patterns); we normally get ice!.

However, not too many years ago, I went to bed with the weatherman telling me it would be clear and cold with only a slight chance of precipitation possible. In the morning we had 14" of the nasty stuff all over the place! I know that's not much if you're used to the winters in the upper regions of the US, but for us, it was a MAJOR pain!

I just wish I could brumate for the next few months like my snakes will. They get ALL the breaks!

Kat
11-26-2002, 05:23 PM
If you want, you guys can send me all your snow. ;) We could use more here than we've been getting. Last year we had a drought because the mountain snowpacks were so sparse.

-Kat

Darin Chappell
11-26-2002, 06:39 PM
Tell you what, Kat. How about if I trade you some snow for a snake? Say, an 0.1 normal het hypo and lav ready to breed this coming spring????

Let me me know if we can deal. I'll even ship first!

;)

Kat
11-26-2002, 10:26 PM
Hehe, you wish. ;)

-Kat

dartguy
11-27-2002, 12:09 AM
here in So. Cal it's supposed to hit 69 degrees on thursday and fri - get out the knickers - might see i little moisture falling from the sky - you know that stuff that makes everything wet - can't remember the name -

Rich Z
11-27-2002, 01:18 AM
Yes, but it's a dry rain...... ;)

As opposed to the wet rain we get on the east coast.

Goes along with the dry heat, I suppose.