PDA

View Full Version : Victorious feeding day!

Victorious feeding day!

ickle_moose
08-28-2006, 10:54 AM
*Jumps around joyfully, scaring roomates in the process.*

Wonder of wonders, all my snakes ate today. :) This has NEVER happened before, there's always been one refuser in the mix. Tonight, series of unheard of events occurred:

1) Striped snow who has refused 3/4 meals and who only ever ate for me in pitch black darkness after 5 hours with the pink, chows down instantly! I mean of all the meals I've ever offered, she's only actually eaten a quarter of the total amount. *Checks diary* Wow, I'm pretty much spot on, she's refused 12 and eaten 4. I chucked the pink in knowing her usual pickiness so I could get on with feeding the rest, turned back and it was half gone. I froze in place so as to not startle her, then backed off vvveeeerrrrry slowly. Soooooo happy, I've never seen her eat. She was pretty slow compared to my others, but awoohoo!

2) Anery mot, not so extreme but has refused 1/2 meals also ate right in front of me, performing cartwheely constriction acrobatics in the process. Again, never actually witnessed this one eat either :)

3) My sunglow mot ate his very first adult mouse! I knew it was time but was completely positive he wouldn't be able to manage it. Had fuzzies already defrosting in readiness for him not being able to swallow it. No worries, that thing was gone so fast! And bulge is normal, I was expecting huge ballooning. I swear he was looking at me like I was mad. 'So I ate the adult mouse, big deal, I was, like, hungry mum!'

Seeing all this go down I was very suspicious that one of the others would spontaneously not eat, but nope FULL HOUSE!!! I know I'm probably deluding myself, but who knows, maybe this is the start of a trend :)

*Continues dancing around.* :cheers: