PDA

View Full Version : help, dont know whats wrong

help, dont know whats wrong

rafabeauty
08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
hi im new on here, ive had my beautiful corn for about 3 months now and he shed in the first week or two. however about 10 days ago he started acting really strange and really rubbing his nose against the glass, im talking really rough and for ages. i thought he was gonna shed and over the next week his skin went really whitish and dry looking, but he didnt shed. he s stayed in his hide now for about 4 or 5 days and just dont move. his skin has gone back to normal colour tho????? i just had him out and he was on my sofa and fell straight off of it?? certainly not right?? any help or ideas please?? really worried, got him from pet shop (yeah i know, silly) and they r no help??

dawnrenee2000
08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Go ahead and post us some more critical details and maybe someone can throw you some suggestions. What are the cage temps? What is his feeding like? what is the humidity in his enviroment? Have you given any extra humidity to help during this shed phase such as soaking or misting? Is he moving normally or unable to hold himself up properly?

The main thing is , when in doubt, take your animal to a vet. As a keeper you learn from these experiences but if something is seriously going wrong, delaying treatment can simply cause a non-understood death.

Best wishes to you and your snake

bitsy
08-29-2006, 04:25 PM
When they're shedding, they always go back to their normal colour after going blue, then shed a few days later. I'd say give him another 3-5 days and he'll shed normally. Does he have a damp hide? That will help him shed.

The lack of co-ordination (falling off the sofa) is a concern, but they can be less eager to move round and be handled when they're shedding. Could just be part of the process.

However, only you know him well and if you're seriously worried, then the vet is alwas a good idea - even if only to put your mind at rest.