PDA

View Full Version : First regurg

First regurg

nebby3103
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello. I know there is an abundance of information on the forum already, but I don't have time to siphon through it all now and I'm worried about my snake.

He's 6 months old and has eaten for me without any problems 30+ times. He was one fuzzies for 15 feedings, and I switched to hoppers About 2 weeks ago.

The first hopper he ate was LARGE. I was worried, but he took it without hesitation so I let it be. He digested it without any issues. The second hopper was a little smaller than the first, so naturall I assumed it would be fine. Well, here we are 2 days later, and there is a large, brown, mouse-like lump in his viv. What do I do!?

In case any of this information is helpful: I feed him on paper towels in a big cardboard box, the mouse was frozen/thawed in warm water, I picked up the snake just long enough to place him back in his viv after feeding and then left him alone until discovering the regurg 5 minutes ago. Let me know if more info. will help.

I know I should wait some time before feeding him again (2 weeks) and should drop back down to fuzzies for several feedings. ANY advice as to how to handle the situation would be appreciated. I'm a little worried about my snake. Who am I kidding, A LOT worried. Thanks everyone.

Candachan
09-01-2006, 11:43 AM
All I can say at the moment is instead of picking him up, you should put the box in his viv or over it so he can slither out on his own.

Other than that, I wouldn't panic just yet.

But I know the veterans of the forum will be rushing to your aid shortly!

stingsmom
09-01-2006, 12:27 PM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9673&highlight=regurge+%22Kathy+Love%22+pinky+smaller

I hope this link works. I happened to read this thread a couple of days ago, and was able to Search it out for you. You can't get much better than explicit instructions from Kathy Love! You may have to adjust the advice based on the size of feeders your snake is eating, but I think that is covered in here as well.

Good luck!