PDA

View Full Version : What do you think this is?

What do you think this is?

breedingcolors
09-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Got this male bloodred last week and I noticed this. What do you think this is? Seems a bit like if it was some miss scales but I am not sure what could cause all these scales to be out. :shrugs:

Marcel Poots
09-03-2006, 05:15 AM
I do not have an answer on your question. It seems that the scales are just not there where they should be. But I do think it is nothing to worry about. That is one gorgeous Bloodred btw. I see no pattern at all.

CornCrazy
09-03-2006, 07:30 AM
I have seen something like that before. A snake I used to have (a male, of course) rubbed scales off of his head and neck during breeding season. He was so determined to get out of his tank, he just kept rubbing against the top and sides of the tank. On my guy, who was much lighter, the scales grew back fine. They were a different color when they came back, though. :shrugs:

Mrs InsaneOne
09-03-2006, 07:50 AM
From the last two pictures, it looks like the scales are there - just with a different color on the tips. More like a white or almost a clear color where the red ends.

Does it feel any different then the rest of his scales? Like bumps or something?

Jenn

Arcanefate
09-03-2006, 09:39 AM
From the last two pictures, it looks like the scales are there - just with a different color on the tips. More like a white or almost a clear color where the red ends.

Does it feel any different then the rest of his scales? Like bumps or something?

Jenn
I agree. They appear to still be there to me, just with white tips.

Could this be signs of scale rot though? I believe with scale rot, the scales in mention, have less to no shine on them and they have a softer feel if you touched them. Just an observation, by no way an actual statement that this may be the case.

Snakexperience
09-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Are you sure the scales are not there? It looks to me that they are there, but just don't have the red coloration the rest has..
My adult female blood shows the same in that case.. Scales turning black and white when she ages..

Arjan

Cflaguy
09-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I agree. They appear to still be there to me, just with white tips.

Could this be signs of scale rot though? I believe with scale rot, the scales in mention, have less to no shine on them and they have a softer feel if you touched them. Just an observation, by no way an actual statement that this may be the case.
My bloodred has one on his body. Just one scale. I sat in a chair for half an hour trying to pull off what I thought was a non-shed scale.

gnarhimself
09-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Looks like the scales are there to me,seems like a bit of discolouration,but they are there!
Awesome bloodred :cool: