PDA

View Full Version : lower humidity levels?

lower humidity levels?

Zaniosm15
09-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I just got a new tank setup and have 2 hides, a decor shrub, and a water dish. Its 85 degrees above the heating pad and is about 80 degrees in the actual tank on one side. On the ohter side i have my water dish and hydrometer. It says 70% and I hear different everywhere, but I heard you supposed to keep it to 50-65. Just wondering if this is any huge concern for my corn and how I would bring the humidity down if I needed to. Thanks.

NI GUY
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
It could be a wee bit high.Maybe a smaller dish or more vents.Its could also be your substrate drying out over the heat pad.

Old World
09-15-2006, 10:29 PM
What possible problems could be caused by high humidity? Just trying to prevent any unwanted problems :)

PnyKlr
09-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Too high humidity could cause respiratory problems in corn snakes. What are the temps on the "cool" side?

To lower your humidity, you could move the water dish to the coldest part of the tank (I think it is already). I use a heat lamp mounted about 8 inches (I'm no good at guess-timating) above the lid to help lower the humidity. Not many people like using heat lamps, but I need it to lower humidity in the summer, and to help maintain the "cool" side temps in the winter (I also use a UTH at the same time).

Just a few suggestions.