PDA

View Full Version : baby corn feeding problem

baby corn feeding problem

Creamsicleballa
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
for some reason my baby corn wont eat this pinky....im trying the bag with holes trick overnight again.....last time he wouldnt eat the guy i bought him from said that it was b/c i didnt have a heat lamp and the atmostphere was too cold so i got a heat lamp and a heat rock to keep the cage warm and he was doing fine but now i gave him a pinky earlier and he wants nothing to do with it....seems to me that he would be hungry b/c he regurgitated the last pinky he ate on saturday due to handling him sunday afternoon.....what might be wrong?

PtDnsr
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
for some reason my baby corn wont eat this pinky....im trying the bag with holes trick overnight again.....last time he wouldnt eat the guy i bought him from said that it was b/c i didnt have a heat lamp and the atmostphere was too cold so i got a heat lamp and a heat rock to keep the cage warm and he was doing fine but now i gave him a pinky earlier and he wants nothing to do with it....seems to me that he would be hungry b/c he regurgitated the last pinky he ate on saturday due to handling him sunday afternoon.....what might be wrong?Ok...few things

1) Get rid of the heat rock IMO. They can get way too hot, especially if unregulated and could burn your snake.

2) Get something to regulate your heat in general. Get an indoor/outdoor thermometer with probes so you can get accurate temperature readings and then do a search on how to make your own rheostat.

3) If he regurged the last pink wait 10 days before trying to feed again. Feed a smaller than usual item (even if you have to cut the pinky) and leave your snake alone. You can also read the FAQs at the top of forums and Kathy Love's regurge FAQ at the bottom of the page (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=268385&postcount=3).

Try that for now. Also here's Lenny's post of links (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=268385&postcount=3) that might be helpful!

~Katie