PDA

View Full Version : Help baby snake didnt eat!!

Help baby snake didnt eat!!

pcast123
09-23-2006, 08:50 PM
i got my snake like two weeks ago it ate fine the first day i got it but i gave him a pinkie yesterday in the afternoon and left it all night in a small brown paper bag were the pinkie came in and the snake didnt eat it. I did notice my snake is shedding on its tail could this be why it hasent eaten.

gwb8568
09-23-2006, 08:53 PM
i got my snake like two weeks ago it ate fine the first day i got it but i gave him a pinkie yesterday in the afternoon and left it all night in a small brown paper bag were the pinkie came in and the snake didnt eat it. I did notice my snake is shedding on its tail could this be why it hasent eaten.

yes........please read the link in my signature and it will answer all of your questions.

pcast123
09-23-2006, 09:02 PM
to lazy to search cant you just tell me whats wrong thanks

gwb8568
09-23-2006, 09:20 PM

yeah.......................YOU DON'T NEED A SNAKE !!!

Candachan
09-23-2006, 09:44 PM
yeah.......................YOU DON'T NEED A SNAKE !!!Amen, brother!

Anyone who won't put in the effort to find out what's wrong themselves doesn't deserve the responsibility of a pet.

Daeraelle
09-23-2006, 10:09 PM
:-offtopic You know, I had a reply to this, but I don't think it would do any good.

BeckyG
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM

You've got to be kidding! If you can't search a single forum, then you certainly didn't do enough research to be a responsible pet owner. Do the snake a favor and give it to someone who is not too lazy to take proper care of it.

shootingstar777
09-25-2006, 04:57 AM
hear, hear!

Velvet
09-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Good Lord! That must be the HEIGHT of LAZINESS!!! Not to mention irresponsibility! Yikes! :twoguns:

Neyals
09-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Do I take it that all you guys dont take your pets to the vet when its sick because that would be considered lazy? I agree that not bothering to search at all is lazy and he should look if he cared about his pet. But what I dont get is, he is asking for advice and you all spit in his face! Is it really that hard to give him an answer? It will never be a good forum if every post in it says Search for the answer. Please dont take this the wrong way and attack me even though I know some of you will.

diamondlil
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
We are not here with an obligation to help others, especially if they demonstrate no effort to help themselves. If you are walking your dog in the park, and a stranger comes up and starts quizzing you on puppy training, would it be your responsability to help them? And to tell someone how to use the search function IS helping, because along with the F A Q's most of the basics are well and truly covered.
Not an attack at all, just a little bit of help.

~slither~
09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
pcast123, you should relish every bit of advice you are given on this forum (especially from members who have the rep to back it up), even the 'please read this link' answers. Chances are you'll learn a whole lot more than you planned on doing and will hopefully save you some trouble in the future. I can't understand why someone would want to be given a quick fix answer, when there is a wealth of information on this site and others just waiting for you to soak it all up. It makes you sound like you've smoked one to many doobies.
Lets start again, I notice you say you got him 2 weeks ago, and you fed him then. I would've waited a few days to let him settle but heck it's done now. Why didn't you feed last week? If you'd researched you'd of known to feed weekly not bi-weekly.
You should scrap the brown paper bag and use a tupperware container. I can just imagine your snake trying all night to get into the bloody thing.
And yes, some corns can lose their appetite when shedding. Luckily mine doesn't. Leave it for 5-7 days and try feeding again but slice the head of the pinky and squeeze to release so of the brain goo. You can also use some tweezers to feed and try to convince the snake that the pinky is alive.
I think in the time you have to wait till you try again you could easily read up on tips and tricks to get your sanky eating. Hope this helps.

Neyals
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I suppose so, I didnt see it that way, well I suppose if he has not looked at anything and not searched for he shouldnt expect anything.

~slither~
09-26-2006, 04:29 PM
I've just realised that that skin on the tail has got to come off. Use a damp towel and let your snake slither through it, use a gentle grip but not too tight.
Also if you can check the head part of the skin and make sure that the eyes have come off too.

BeckyG
09-26-2006, 05:31 PM

Do I take it that all you guys dont take your pets to the vet when its sick because that would be considered lazy?

No, of course not, but if I were to say "I'm too lazy to take it to the vet, you do it for me," which is essentially what he said, then yes, I would consider that too lazy to properly care for a pet.

We generally try to help everyone with a question, but like Diamondlil said, we are not obligated to help anyone. And I'd further like to add, we are not here to spoonfeed anyone. A little effort on the part of the snake owner is required.

Neyals
09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok sorry, I see now what you mean. :-offtopic