• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How *much* NutriBac to use? (dosage)

Cegninedorf

Twang'em into trees!
I checked the FAQs and did a search, and while I've found plenty of place recommending NutriBac, I didn't find any recommendation on dosage. The bottle recommends that I roll the mouse in the NutriBac for feeding, which is fine, I get that part -- but with putting it in water...a tsp for a bowl (cereal bowl size)? More, less? :shrugs:

Thanks!

Christina

I don't think I've heard of putting NutriBac in water. If the snake is eating the mouse with the NutriBac on it, there shouldn't be a need to give the snake more in the water.

I ask because I'm waiting out the time post-regurge before giving another mouse & I'd seen it mentioned in a few posts regarding putting NutriBac in drinking water...and I'd like to get some into his system before another feeding...

Thanks...

Enough so there's a decent amount---and you want it to dissolve. But you need to withhold water for a few days so the snake is thirsty. I think Nutribac seems to 'lose' it's powers after a day or two in the water---so that's the idea in making the snake thirsty.

I've put it in the water before, but I don't have a "right" dosage to tell you. Like Joe said, not so much that it won't dissolve. I was using rather small water dishes, which is nice because then you don't need to use nearly as much Nutribac to reach the same concentration in the water. Also, I tossed out the old water and put in fresh with fresh Nutribac at least every 2 days. Again, using a smaller water dish, which requires less Nutribac makes it less of a burden (Nutribac/money-wise) to even switch the water everyday.

Back