PDA

View Full Version : help. green diarrhea, not eating

help. green diarrhea, not eating

VAbratgirl
12-05-2002, 03:11 PM
Ok, I realize you all are going to tell me to take this snake to a vet, and I will, but I want to know if anyone else has had this problem: I have a CB 01 female okeetee corn that hasn't eaten in 3 weeks, and I noticed the other day that she had green watery diarhhea. Of course I know this can't be a good thing, I just want to know if anyone here can give me any ideas on what this might be....?? help!
Thanks

Rachel
12-06-2002, 03:23 AM
well, snake poo is usually 'watery' as they expel uric waste with their poo. How long has it been since your snake ate? She could just have a stomach upset, in which case leave her alone for a week or so (don't try to feed, just change her water). If she still isn't eating after that, or shows signs of regurge or green poo than take her to the vet. Sometimes they stop eating for a while but don't worry too much about it unless they are showing other signs of ill health. If your snake seems really tender on her underbelly then she probably has a stomach bug which is easily treated.
HTH

bmm
12-06-2002, 05:29 AM
Would say try to get her to eat something. Sometimes the "Green" can come when a snake has not eaten for some time. I can't remember what exactly it is at this moment, but basically I *think* its just bile/digestive juice buildup.....

It could be a parasite in which case the vet will have to give you something. I would get a fecal sample and run it to a vet to have a fecal done on it before taking her in, and while waiting for the results, I would try to fed her, as in leave her alone for a couple days and then try giving her something.

Has this always been a problem or just since she hasn't eaten?

bmm