PDA

View Full Version : trembling snake?

trembling snake?

13mur 6
12-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Hellos,
So my normal yearling entered her shed cycle about 2 days ago, and as I lifted her hide to take a look at her, she coiled up defensively as she normally does but as she started to move around, she did this strange trembling thing with her head. It wasn't extreme, just very slight. She also seemed to sniff :confused: the bedding around her. Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior?

snakemanone
12-09-2002, 07:02 AM
hiya.

When snakes shed their eyes go milky and they cant see to good,and because of this they feel VERY vulnerable and so are very very nervous...........................

STEVE..........

P.S HOPE THIS HELPS.

Rainey
12-09-2002, 11:15 AM
Another thing to keep in mind is that when it's shedding, their skin is very irritating to them, she could have been "scratching" or something.

Also, if it was blue, then she was virtually blind so smelling is the only way to tell what's going on...

13mur 6
12-09-2002, 04:35 PM
hmm... she doesn't seem to be scratching anything, it does look like an actual tremble as a human would tremble when cold or such. The sniffing she seems to do even when not in shed, I lift her hide, she freezes, I freeze, she gets curious and the first thing she does is sniff the ground right in front of her like a dog would. Does anyone else's snakes have wierd quirks like that? Maybe I'm worrying over nothing...

surfrkidTS
05-20-2003, 11:01 PM
My snake is always under his water bowl and everytime I lift it up, he freezes, I freeze, and then he darts. I often see a little head pop out of the substrate in a minute and he licks a few shaves but not actually, sniffing, just chcking it out.