PDA

View Full Version : my baby wont eat

my baby wont eat

tommydude
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
my baby normal corn snake wont eat got him form a pet store that another et store sai they starved him i dont no im lost :sobstory:

diamondlil
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
ok, just relax, there are plenty of people in the same boat, and plenty of help on here. check your husbandry against the faq, to see if the conditions are right. All being well, do a search on non-feeding and you'll find lots of threads to help you.
The best tip i can give you is to offer a small live pinky in a small feeding container, leaving the snake in there overnight in the dark, without disturbing it to check until the morning.

tommydude
10-09-2006, 04:43 PM
ty i will try but last time i tried feeding live he just laid with it. but i will try again shoudl i try frozen tawed diped in chiken broth

BeckyG
10-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Um, I'm not sure what you are asking here. Try to use correct spelling and grammar. It will make your questions a lot easier to answer.

How long have you had the snake? What are your husbandry conditions? Has the snake ever eaten? Did it eat at the store? If the snake has never eaten, you could have problems. Read through old threads. There are a lot of suggestions listed that may help you.

tommydude
10-09-2006, 07:36 PM
ty i will try and the petstore said that they feed it once i got him ove ra week ago another pet store said he is in bad conditions and he will die this week:(

NyanNyan
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
O_o they actually said that to you? Maybe you should go to the herp vet instead of these pet stores... i've gotten bad info from many

tommydude
10-09-2006, 09:27 PM
ty and is it true that a snake wont eat until 1st shed?

chibitamalove
10-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, Becky and Nyan are right. Listen to what they say. Fix your vivarium if it's got any problems, and take your pet to the vet. Pronto.

Oh, and please try to fix your grammar, as Becky asked. You really will be treated more as a concerned individual than as some idiot who doesn't take care of his pets.

chibitamalove
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Mine ate readily, but I think she had shed a couple times before I'd bought her. But some individuals differ. And anyway, the petshop probably should have waited until the snake had had at least one shed before selling it. :/

tommydude
10-09-2006, 09:34 PM
that is was a diff pet shop ad said to me they said my snake will die cuz it never ate another said he had ate alrdy and he is good

chibitamalove
10-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Okay, which pet shop did you buy it from? They're the ones who are probably right. I don't see how another pet shop would know whether another snake had eaten or not.

AND FIX YOUR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR! THIS IS NOT INSTANT MESSAGING! >.<

tommydude
10-09-2006, 09:40 PM
im sorry im realy 13 hit wrong button when make acc (dog) but i got form a store called petpariise and i went to animal jungle who said it would die

chibitamalove
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm 14, and I still write well. :/ And you can fix your age as well on your User CP.

So, how would Animal Jungle know if your snake had eaten or not? Did they have it for a while and then sell it to Pet Paradise, who then sold it to you? Because that's the only reason that I can think of that they'd know that the snake had eaten. Otherwise, I'd say only Pet Paradise would know, because they're the one who had the snake, and therefore attempted to feed it.

tommydude
10-09-2006, 09:48 PM
ill go with petparadise and will he shed b4 he eats like when he is a baby snake? plz id realy liek to know

BeckyG
10-09-2006, 10:03 PM
You are 13 years old, so I'm going to guess you are in either 7th or 8th grade. You should have basic grammar skills down by now. Use them, and post your concerns in a coherent, concise manner. Personally, I don't know how to help you because I don't really understand the problem. You didn't answer any of my questions, so I don't even know where to begin.

As was recommended, a herp vet will give you more help than a pet shop. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

JasonGranger
10-09-2006, 10:23 PM
AND FIX YOUR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR! THIS IS NOT INSTANT MESSAGING! >.<

AND YOUR KEYBOARD IS NOT ALL CAPS.

:rolleyes:

chibitamalove
10-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Eh, I was putting it all in caps to empathize what I was trying to tell him. The first time, I told him in a normal tone. Then, when he didn't take the advice, I put it in caps, as if I was yelling. But apparently, he doesn't take the un-subtle hint and still writes with bad grammar.

chibitamalove
10-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey, actually, I told him three times! First time was "Oh, and please try to fix your grammar, as Becky asked. You really will be treated more as a concerned individual than as some idiot who doesn't take care of his pets." Second was the yelling. Third was telling him I'm 14 and I write well. And still, he writes with bad grammar.

sarah s
10-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Not everyone finds english or grammar skills as easy as you, for all we know this youngster might have learning difficulties or english might be their second language. Personally I found it was not that hard to understand the gist of what was being asked. They wanted to know if their snake was going to die like they had been told by the pet shop, and was also asking if it needed to shed before it fed in the same way a hatchling would shed before a first feed.

Tommydude how old did the pet shop you brought the snake from say it was? Normally a snake will eat without problems unless it is going into a shed cycle which they do all their lives.
How do the other pet shop know bout your snake, was it at their pet shop first? did you take it into them for them to see it? or are they just talking about the other shops reputation? If it is the last one the snake wont die if you give it the care it needs, I have a corn that was under feed and not looked after well until I got her and she is now doing well and thriving.

tommydude
10-10-2006, 10:41 AM
well im good with gramme rits a comp i dotn like useing grammer prop on compw/e and shoudl i try feed or just see if he sheds?

tommydude
10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
pet shop said i got it after its 1st feed

tommydude
10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
im trying to get a pic so ill put up if i can

Roy Munson
10-10-2006, 11:27 AM
well im good with gramme rits a comp i dotn like useing grammer prop on compw/e and shoudl i try feed or just see if he sheds?
What? :shrugs:

Mary-Beth
10-10-2006, 03:21 PM
tommydude, do you live in Southeast VA?

tommydude
10-10-2006, 05:52 PM
umm yea y do u need 2 no

sarah s
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Roy his saying his grammar is fine but when he is on a comp he does not see the need for formal grammar use.
Tommydude when was the last time you tried to feed your snake? if it was less than 5 days ago do not try to feed it again, you dont want your snake to get stressed out and refuse to eat cause it is being offered food it does not want.
What you need to do is find out exactly how the shop feed your snake and copy that way of feeding it but not till it has had time to settle into its new home without any disturbance at all for a good three or four days. You also need to ask the shop the date the snake last fed.

chibitamalove
10-10-2006, 06:19 PM
If what Sarah said doesn't work, try some of the different methods of getting it to eat, like cutting the *frozen* pinkie to expose some blood. (It's cruel to do that to a live one, of course.) You can also try anole scenting. Good luck with that.

You may not see the need to use good grammar on the computer, but this is a forum that a lot of people use, not just you. It helps everyone if you just use the good grammar and spelling. I, personally, use good grammar even when I'm just IMing. I just don't bother to use capitals, but that's the only difference for me. Plus, there's a spell check at the bottom, so it shouldn't be that hard.

BeckyG
10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Not everyone finds english or grammar skills as easy as you, for all we know this youngster might have learning difficulties or english might be their second language.

If he has passed to the 7th or 8th grade, he should have reasonable grammar skills. Even special ed students in those grades can form a complete sentence. And since he lives in Virginia, he is assuredly fluent in English.

Roy his saying his grammar is fine but when he is on a comp he does not see the need for formal grammar use.

What he's really saying is that he's too lazy to use correct grammar, and too selfish to be considerate of those trying to read what he's pecked out seemingly with his eyes closed.

If he wants to be taken seriously in this life, he needs to begin to see the need for proper grammar. Honestly, unless you plan on working at McDonald's, any job application filled out with such grammar will be instantly tossed. This is nothing but laziness, and no boss will want to hire somebody who consistently displays such.

Finally, if you will notice, he still hasn't answered any husbandry questions. No one on this board can read his mind, so how are we to help him if he puts so little effort into making himself understood?

I say we let this thread die, since he's not concerned enough about his snake to cooperate with those who are trying to help him.

Mary-Beth
10-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Heh, I'd skimmed through the thread and didn't realize just how young you are. I was going to offer to help you out in person so you could skip the computer. It's not a good idea considering your age though.

Mary-Beth
10-11-2006, 07:53 AM
If he has passed to the 7th or 8th grade, he should have reasonable grammar skills. Even special ed students in those grades can form a complete sentence.

I am the mother of a child who will probably never be able to form grammatical sentences. Are you saying that she'll never reach 7th grade? :shrugs: You sound so certain.

And since he lives in Virginia, he is assuredly fluent in English.

It's sort of odd geographically, but this region has a large hispanic population. Many of them don't speak english at all.

rowan
10-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Hmmm i agree let this thread die.... the poor lad has by now been so shunned by those that assumed (even though this is the case) that he couldn't be bothered to write correctly....

Myself on the other hand and luckily a few others on here give benefit of the doubt first, especially when i have a husband who is dyslexic and a daughter that is on the autistic spectrum, know just how rude people can be, before thinking that there just might be an underlying problem.

So i doubt, although hope i'm wrong for the snake in question, and a 13 yro boy who obviously thinks alot of the snake, who came looking for answers, will be seen again,

sorry to go on, x

Rowan

chibitamalove
10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, he said he's fine with grammar, he just doesn't want to use it on the computer. He seems to just be too lazy to use it on the computer. Okay, opinion put. X-d lips.

tommydude
10-13-2006, 09:23 PM
sadley my snake has died :cry:

chibitamalove
10-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Awww..... Poor snakey... In pace requisat...

Justamom
10-14-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, tommydude. :-(

rowan
10-14-2006, 05:54 AM
Me too tommy, this is really sad news, i hope this wont stop u thinking about getting another in the future, meanwhile have a good read up on here, when your ready, my thoughts are with u. :wavey: