PDA

View Full Version : New snake?

New snake?

dusterdust
10-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey this is my first corn, it's a normal corn. I got him on Tuesday. I fed him Wednesday night. He ate the food immediately. Wasn't too big or anything. Now he hasn't moved from his spot under the clay pot since about yesterday this time. I'm just wondering if this is normal. While I'm at it, I'll tell you what I have as a setup so far.
Have a water dish, but it's off the ground, not sure if he knows its there. I'm using a 20 gallon tank and for light there is a 75 watt exoterra heat bulb that I have pointing into the tank. The tank is usually around 78-83F, at least that's what the sticker says. I have some kind of store bought bark for the flooring. I was wondering if maybe he isn't seeing the water, or maybe is sick from the food, because he was very active when we first got him, even before feeding yesterday, anytime there was motion on the lid of the tank, he was dart around, now when I shake the potter he's hiding upder, he barely moves...
Please advise.
MSN:dusterdust@hotmail.com

diamondlil
10-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Have a read of the f a q's and you'll see that the snake is resting while it digests it's meal. This is perfectly normal, and making it move around by disturbing it could provoke a regurge.
Sticker-type thermometers are not accurate enough, you'd be better with a digital thermometer so you can measure your temps.
Hope this helps

tomgarland
10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
If you want to make sure your corn has found his water bowl which i recommend putting at ground level (not sure what you meant by this) then put the bowl somewhere around the edge of your vivarium. The edges of the viv will be where your snake is most likely to explore first.
Hope this helps