PDA

View Full Version : Finally after 2 weeks

Finally after 2 weeks

mcifaldi
10-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Wow Finally after 2 weeks my little baby ate for me :) I had spent alot of times looking for answers here in the forums and it paid off big! I had to use the bumping method as described in one forum, the forum said to bump the pinky on the body of the snake and once it takes for of the pinky to let go of it.
Wow what a vast knowledge of information there is here!
Being this is my first corn snake it was amazing to watch it eat, Thank you every one here that contributes to information made available in these forums :cheers:

gwb8568
10-13-2006, 07:29 PM
congrats on the feeding and welcome to the addiction. please post pics of your snake (if you have not already done so) and of the ones your going to buy in the near future.....oh yes, there will be more.

mcifaldi
10-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks GW my avatar is my little amel and I posted a pic in the gallery when i first brought it home :)

Justamom
10-14-2006, 02:02 AM
That is good news! I'm glad he finally ate for you. I'm facing the same problem. We just got our snake this week and he just isn't interested in eating yet. I'm sure it's just an adjustment issue and when he gets hungry enough he will decide to eat.

mcifaldi
10-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Thats what my thoughts were too, The pet shop I bought it from said it had eaten the on Monday 10/2/06 I bought it on Wednesday 10/4/06 tried to feed f/t pinky Friday night 10/06/06 left the pinky in with the snake over night checked the next morning before heading out to work the pinky was still there so I chucked it into the trash.
last night 10/13 I got out 2 pinkys after a hour still didn't eat, so I remembered a post on feeding i had read a few days before about holding the snake in one hand and bumping it with the pinky in the other hand.
I did that for a about 5-6 minutes and the snake latched on to the pinky, I had never owned a snake till a couple of weeks ago was pretty amazing to watch. I figure when its hungry enough it will eat. :)

Lennycorn
10-14-2006, 10:55 AM
I had to use the bumping method as described in one forum, the forum said to bump the pinky on the body of the snake

Wow, I'm glad you weren't feeding it rats......You would of killed it! :grin01: