• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Falling in his head?

dusterdust

My snake keeps climbing up the glass, then falling and cracking his head on the glass or ground...He is a small guy, only a foot right now...I'm concerned he might be knocking himself stupid...
Any ideas? Can he be hurting himself? Or is it nothing to be concerned with whatsoever?
Dustin

Mine used to do this too when he was about a foot long. Is your snake almost standing completely vertically, up the side of the tank?
Mine too used to fall trying this. Not much you can do really mate hehe, i used aspen substrate though, i guess this could soften the fall if your really worried. Also i suppose you could put things to climb in the viv if there isnt any, en-rich his environment and all that?
Mine stopped this behaviour, maybe its to do with size and they grow out of it, havent seen mine do it in ages.

same with me, that happened to. i put a climbing branch in but i never saw him use it. :rolleyes:
i wouldnt think its a prob but yes if ur worried put aspen bedding down.

I'm using something called Forest Bark... I had another question, every morning I wake up thinking he has escaped! Though, it was just that he burrowed underground...Well under the bark...Is this normal nocturnal behaviour?

i am thinking that they are smart enough to know when to quit. it is the same as if you were hitting your thumb with a hammer ever so slightly..........once you start getting too hard and it starts to hurt, you will quitting hitting your thumb with a hammer. at least i would. :shrugs:

My king has been climbing and falling for two years now, and he hasn't knocked himself stupid yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Burrowing is normal behavior as well. It's an instinct carried over from their wild days.

Hehehe, "wild days"... That cracks me up for some reason.

Mine never burrows, but I do know it's natural. Rose also likes to strike at the plexiglass if I walk by after she eats. Well, she's not dead from losing brain cells, so it must be okay. :grin01:

Back