PDA

View Full Version : Missing hatchling....

Missing hatchling....

sweetdiego7
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Well my 'retard, Im about to kill' cat knocked over the hatchlings crittercage for the second time sometime during the night, the top came off, and the hatchling is no where to be seen.

There is no way to 'corner off' the room to keep him contained, our house cant even be ferretproofed, it certainly cant be 'hatchling' proof. And for all we know the cat ate him... Im just so pissed. I have no time to do a huge search, no energy, and it will do very little.

So I set the crittercage on its side, but a small UTH under it, and it has some bedding, and a tiny hide (which he never uses anyways).....Im kind of hoping the cat juts barfs, and then I'll know if she did eat him or not, and then I can kill her (not really, but I really feel like it right now especially cuz im so PMS'ing) I just do NOT need the extra worry of trying to find a hatchling that wasnt doing well, that was free, that I didnt want, that I planned to give to someone else....

God Im pissed.

dwilliamsmms
10-23-2006, 11:17 AM
If it makes you feel any better, we just got a baby back after being loose in a school (all kinds of places to hide) after 7 weeks with no food. It was about 2 months old when the lid was left with a gap in it and it escaped. It's been eating just fine now. It's a bit skinny, but OK othewise and I expect it to make a complete recovery.

A friend just found her 1 year old in a game drawer too. It had been missing for several days and they had looked everywhere too. Her daughter didn't clamp down the lid right and it just got out.

Good luck with finding yours.

connord94
10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
i lost mine 4 days ago, and found it yesterday about 2 feet away from where the tank is, check round the perimeter of the room it escaped in, coz they will chill near the tank for a bit, then slither around the edge of the room looking for a way out. hope this helps :)

Flagg
10-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Sorry but I have to ask, if the cat already knocked it over once why didn't you either get a better viv that can't be knocked over or secure it somehow away from the cat?