PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Help please

connord94
10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
DO SNAKE MITES HAVE WINGS?

i reasearced (googled) snake mites and found out that they have 8 legs, which would make them arachnids (exuse spelling) which would probably mean they didnt, but better to be safe than sorry.

anyway, my encounter was:

i was searching for my snake in the viv, (must be in shed cos he wont show his face) and when i went to wash my hands i noticed a little fly on me, dunno where it came from, so i killed it, i checked the water dish, there were none dead in there, but i couldent help but worry, *now that i have researched* i think it probably wasent, but just making sure.

thnx for any help,

(sorry for the long boring post)

dawnrenee2000
10-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Just sounds like a gnat to me Connor. Your assumption is correct. Mites are arachnids and do not have wings. :)

pcar
10-20-2006, 02:28 PM
either a nat, fruit fly, or phorid fly. They will congregrate in your snakes enclosure around the water dish and any poo/regurge that is in there. I don't think they can hurt an adult snake, but I have seen and heard of them eating and killing hatchlings. I would empty my enclosure and make sure that there aren't anymore flies in there, and that they haven't laid eggs or that eggs have hatched into maggots.

Good luck.

connord94
10-20-2006, 02:30 PM
thnx for your help, no more help required. will reasearch those suggestions and see if the look like my encounter

connord94
10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
naaar, wasnt any of those, must of just came from the bathroom sink. . . now to complain to me mother that there's fly's in the bathroom!

hehe, i love picking faults! :grin01: :grin01: