PDA

View Full Version : Adenovirus

Adenovirus

waldo
10-20-2006, 04:32 PM
can anyone tell me the symptom of adeno in corns? and what is the likely hood of an infected snake living a normal life as a pet? I have a bearded dragon that is most likely infected and I'm wondering what to watch out for in my corn, I keep her away from the dragons and make sure to wash before I hold her. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks:)

RedRaydin
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I was pondering around on google and I found this site.

http://www.reptilerooms.com/forumtopic-74.html

Seems like basically that symptoms can be obvious or you may not see any. But there is quite a bit of info gathered on this forum about the topic in cornsnakes. You may wanna take a look. Lot to read but some of it definately seemed pertinent.

waldo
10-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks for that link, vrey usefully info. It looks like dragon adveno can't be passed to different species. I'll still be very careful though, don't want to take any chances.

RedRaydin
10-20-2006, 04:48 PM
No prob good luck in your search, doesnt seem to be much on it. Looks like research hasn't confirmed a lot of stuff in cornsnakes yet. I would particularly check out a library or maybe talk to a herp in your local area. Should be able to provide you with decent info if their specialty is snakes or something. Take care.