PDA

View Full Version : Problem feeders statistics?

Problem feeders statistics?

Neyals
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I have read many problems on this forum about problem feeders. Alot of the problems I can understand and some I can't. My July '06 corn is a fantastic little eater, it eats a pinkie every 4 days no problem, sometimes she is so enthuiastic she doesn't wait until I have taken the pinkie out of the bag before she goes for it, but sometimes it takes a little persuasion. Is this strange to have such an enthusiastic eater?

I was wondering, what are the statistics of the problem feeders, like 1 out of 6 is a problem feeder... 2 out of a clutch usually have problems feeding....

MegF.
10-24-2006, 08:10 PM
I had a clutch of 21 and had 3 non-feeders. One I euthanized after 3 months when it wouldn't eat on it's own. I force fed it a mouse tail once in that time and it wouldn't let me force feed again after that. The other 2 I took with me when I moved and they are now eating anole scented pinkies on their own. I'm hopeful that they will become good eaters in the future. As far as the rest of my collection, I have very enthusiastic feeders and I have ones that eat sometimes and sometimes not. The Okeetees are probably the pickiest eaters of the collection although they have improved as they matured. My amel has always been an orca for food, literally leaping out of the feeder box for the rat. The only time he won't eat is at breeding time. My new baby lav eats like a pig too. They all vary.

gwb8568
10-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I was at 100% a few months ago with 10 total snakes...............currently I am at a miserable 50% with 5 on the "piss-me-off" mode. :shrugs: