PDA

View Full Version : stuck with 45 small mice...

stuck with 45 small mice...

MaxxOwner
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I just moved Maxx up from hoppers to small adult. He is approximately 37in and 1 year old. I feed him one mouse each Sunday. The problem is that the "small adult mice" are smaller than I thought... they are about 90% the the size of the thick part of his body.

I'm worried that I may not be feeding him enough. Should I bump him up to every 6 days or feed him two mice every 7 days? He isn't prowling for more food...

Susan
10-25-2006, 11:24 AM
If one of the small mice isn't leaving a nice bulge in his belly, then go ahead and try 2 mice per feeding and see how he does. I used to be afraid of feeding too much at one time, but have since changed my opinion. I'm feeding my subadults about twice as much as I would have before and they're all doing great and putting on weight like never before.

Nanci
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
My 40" _was_ eating two small adults every seven days before she turned into the feeder from hell...She'd then hide for two to four days before coming out and hunting again.

Nanci

Weebonilass
10-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Sheeesh, my guy was getting three at a feeding when he was smaller. I would give him about 15 min. between the mice. Guess, he had it good :)