PDA

View Full Version : Rich Z

Rich Z

Probe7899
12-15-2002, 10:01 PM
I was wondering if you do any shows in the north west US. I live in NY but I am willing to travel pretty far. So whats the closest show to NY coming up that you attended.
Thanks
Brian

Rich Z
12-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Well, you threw me here. I thought New York was in the north EAST US. Darn! I move down to Florida and they up and move New York clear across the continent! ;)

OK, to answer your question. The farthest north we do a show is the Mid Atlantic Show in Maryland in mid September. So far all of our shows or basically in the South East. We did a show in San Diego, CA once, but when I tallied expenses against income, I could have come out better if I had just given away all the snakes we sold there. The expenses of doing a trip halfway or all of the way across the country just do not make it worthwhile to do.

If I do a show nearby where the expenses of doing it may be $500 and I were to gross $5,000 (I wish!) at the show, I would still be losing 10 percent on all of the sales there. Going across country would inflate that expense quite a bit and make it very difficult to justify. Many times we have had more business waiting on the answering machine over the weekend we were at a show then we actually made at the show.

The earliest show we have planned that will take us anywhere north will be the Raleigh, NC show in early May.

dartguy
12-16-2002, 12:32 AM
I would like to be the first to extend the invitation to have you stay at my house so you can attend the local So. California shows. I would do that just to be able to buy 10-15 babies and hand pick them. AND contrary to what you might expect, I WON"T request any free babies. :eek: just get a ticket on southwest for around $100 roundtrip (if you book it right) and the rest is on me (meals lodging and transportation) any after hours entertainment is your own responsibility ;)

Rich Z
12-17-2002, 12:45 AM
dartguy,

Thanks for the offer, but I still doubt I will do any shows out on the left coast. Not only to I have plane fare for my wife and I to get out there, but there is the small matter of shipping the animals there and back again to consider. Plus there is so much paraphenalia associated with a show that we need to bring along, that I just don't see doing any shows we can't drive to.

Thanks.

dartguy
12-17-2002, 12:59 AM
but....but.... :(