PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Problem

Golden
10-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Well, I got another little corn a few months ago. Kist, my biggest corn is having no problems whatsoever. This new one, on the other hand, started out fine. It was eating normally, taking one pink a week. Well, after it's most recent shed which was two weeks ago, it started refusing to eat. I'm not sure what to do, I've repeated the methods I used with Kist, I even got a new heat lamp incase the temps weren't correct. It has water and the temps are now matched with the other viv of Kist's and it still refuses to eat... I'm not sure what else to do. :awcrap:

diamondlil
10-31-2006, 03:36 AM
First off, if you've checked the temps accurately and they're in range, stop handling your snake at all. your priority is to get it feeding again. Ony attempt feeding at 5 day intervals. The faq/sticky on this sub-forum and the feeding problems guide should set you up with some things to try. My first thing personally would be to leave overnight in the feeding tub with a live pinky, but there are other tried and tested methods that usually wok on most corns.

Flagg
10-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Have you changed your mouse source recently? My corns absolutely refused to eat for a while right after a new bag of hoppers. Turned out they would never eat a SINGLE one of those hoppers. Other mice from other sources or bred myself they would eat just fine. 50 hoppers went in the trash and I wont be buying from that vendor again.

Fenderplayer108
10-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, I got another little corn a few months ago. Kist, my biggest corn is having no problems whatsoever. This new one, on the other hand, started out fine. It was eating normally, taking one pink a week. Well, after it's most recent shed which was two weeks ago, it started refusing to eat. I'm not sure what to do, I've repeated the methods I used with Kist, I even got a new heat lamp incase the temps weren't correct. It has water and the temps are now matched with the other viv of Kist's and it still refuses to eat... I'm not sure what else to do. :awcrap:

Hi, the guide being refered to is right here,
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42403

Hope it helps,
Ryan

BlackSun
10-31-2006, 12:53 PM
A good and last method is to put the snake with an death pinki in a sock and hang is an an quite warm plance. Let it hang one nigth. mostly the snake eat the mouse. Please use quite fresh socks without holes ;-).

BeckyG
10-31-2006, 04:54 PM
How are you checking your temps? You said you got a new heat lamp in case the temps weren't right, but this is something you need to know, not just guess at.

Golden
10-31-2006, 11:13 PM
I may try live for my next attempt. I have stopped handling it and I've been waiting five days between each try.

My source for mice hasn't changed at all... I don't think the mice were bad.

I have thermometers in there, and, I didn't mean in case. I knew the temps were wrong and got a new lamp.

I'll leave it be once more and attempt again in a few days.

diamondlil
11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Good luck, and keep us updated, fingers crossed for you