PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Feeding?

Late Night Feeding?

Sir Crx
11-01-2006, 03:33 AM
My striped is once again refusing to eat. Im not really that worried. Temps are fine-no regurge. I tried the ivory soap and it kinda worked.

Yet im starting to wonder, is it because its kind of late? Latly ive been trying to feed quite late, more in the 12am-3am. I rarly wake him up to feed. When he did eat every time it was more around 7-8pm.

Do you think hes just so tired he doesnt want to eat?

Paradox
11-01-2006, 05:34 AM
What do you mean it kinda worked?

And corns are crepiscular, meaning they come out mainly at dawn and dusk. If you ty to feed at those times it *might* help, but i don't think it makes a huge amount of differance.

Susan
11-01-2006, 08:52 AM
What do you mean it kinda worked?
I was mildly perplexed at that myself. Normally, it either ate or it didn't.

Sir Crx
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I just meant that he was still somewhat refusing. I don't think the soap helped. I just think he rufsed long enough that the day I tried he finally was hungry and ate.

Meeghann
11-01-2006, 01:01 PM
I just meant that he was still somewhat refusing. I don't think the soap helped. I just think he rufsed long enough that the day I tried he finally was hungry and ate.

How long was he off food before he finally ate and what is your feeding schedule?

And I still don't get the "kinda refused" he ate it so obviously he didn't refuse.

Sir Crx
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
How long was he off food before he finally ate and what is your feeding schedule?

And I still don't get the "kinda refused" he ate it so obviously he didn't refuse.

He was off for about 2 weeks. Hes going on another 2. Feeding schedule was 1 pinky every 5 days.

"Kinda refusing" once again meant that he still wasnt enthused about eating. Normally he would go right to it then eat. After the 2 weeks when he ate it still took him about 20 mins to finally eat it.