PDA

View Full Version : No shed.

No shed.

BBirdP
11-05-2006, 04:15 PM
My corn snake had an early shed in Sept and didn't shed at all in October. What's up? Still a pretty young corn too. Is it not rare for young snakes to skip a shed or what?

sbourget
11-05-2006, 05:42 PM
When they shed is not completely dependant on their growth rate and if they injure any scales, there's also the varriance from snake to snake. Young snakes can shed as often as every 3 weeks or as far apart as 3 months, It's only once you've had the animal for a long time that you can start predicting accurately when they should shed. At this point I wouldn't worry about it.

MegF.
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
And once you think you've got a general schedule down, they'll change it! Never fear!

BeckyG
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
What they said. It will shed when it is ready. Is it possible also that it shed and you missed it? When I was fairly new to corns, my amel did this. He shed completely under the substrate, and I didn't find it until I was cleaning out his tank. I thought maybe I'd misjudged the signs and he wasn't sheddy after all, but then there it was underneath everything.

BBirdP
11-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh, no. I didn't miss it. I just cleaned her cage today and no sign of shd. Not to mention she's albino so her sheddings wouldn't blend in with the substrate.