PDA

View Full Version : Snake Injury,Plz Help

Snake Injury,Plz Help

snakefreak99
12-20-2002, 06:15 PM
The other day i received two hatchling corns who are about 14 inches long and we are crazy about them but today my brother was at the computer holding one and he said it just jumped out of his hand onto the ground.the computer room is very cluttered and under constructin so he went after it very fast because it could easily escape.he jumped out of the rolling chair to grab it and the rollers clipped the snake.there is a rip about a half inch where there is no skin but is not bleeding, though the part im worried about is the underbelly because it is split.it looks pretty bad and im flipping out but we have a vet appoinntment in a few hours or so(couldent get it any earlier)and they said it may need stitches.I dont think the vet understood how bad i think it is so is there anything that i can do t keep it alive and healthy until the appointmet.right now i put it in a steralized container with some tissue paper and sealed it with seran wrap and put it on the heat mat.PLZ HELP ME

Jordan :(

bmm
12-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Make sure he can breath in that container! :)

First there is nothing you can really do if in fact he is injured that badly. You don't want to cause more harm by fooling around and trying any at home methods. :) So what I would do is either A. wait for you schedualed appointment which hopefully is soon, and hope he makes it....or B. if he looks really bad I would take him to an emergency vet...if the emergency vet is not up to date with reptiles you can easily give him the phone number of your reptile vet and he can consult him over the phone....

If it was me? I'd probably be at the vet right now instead of waiting. Even if you take him to your normal vet that you have an appointment with, and wait in the waiting room I am sure if they see the situation they can push your appointment up. :)

bmm

Hope H
12-20-2002, 08:30 PM
Just get him to the vet. Hopefully when the receptionist will see the wound, she will get you in. I had a snake that needed stitches internally and externally and he survived with no problems. After a few sheds, you can't even see the scar.

PSYCOSNAKEMOM
12-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Jordan, How did things work out? Were they able to stich her up? :( Sam ~~~~~~~~:~

Gregg
12-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Jordan,

I am sorry to hear about the accident. I really hope you are able to save your snake. Good Luck. Let us know what happens, okay?

snakefreak99
01-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all your help.She is doing great.She didnt even need to get stitches.The vet said SHe dosent even need stitches.She has already eaten a few times since then an should be back to normal in a few sheds:) :) :)

Iris
01-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Glad to hear that