PDA

View Full Version : Reptile Vets!!!!

Reptile Vets!!!!

xXMetalsAngelXx
11-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I see a lot of people asking about reptile vets from time to time so I did some research. In my opinion sure you can take a reptile to a normal vet but I suggest taking them to a vet that had experience in the reptile field. So I found this site on reptile vets ONLY:

www.arav.org

make sure to pick either USA of UK and it will narrow down the search by state/country.

I found it very easy to use with a good amount of choices in each state. So bookmark it for anyone that feels they must have a vets number at all times.

If you are in California I suggest Dr. Jenkins he was a great help to me and is located in San Deigo but over all a nice man AND used to breed cornsnakes =)

If you are in Colorado I suggest Dr. Fitz. You all might know him from Emergency Vets on Animal Planet, but I know him as a EXELLENT vet with lots of experince and even tho I am in CA now I can always depend on his advice if something is wrong with my snakes, oh and he went to school with Dr. Jenkins as well.

Hope you all find some relief in knowing there is a site of reptile doctors.

Nanci
11-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Wow, thanks. There are _seven_ in my city of 150,000. One of which is my bird vet.

Nanci

Madame
11-08-2006, 08:41 AM
None close to me, of course... Closest is either Duluth, but that's across the border, or Sault St. Marie, which is roughly 12 hours to drive...

*sigh*

There's only one vet in my city that see's "exotic pets", and only on Thursdays, and it's quite a sum just for a visit.

xXMetalsAngelXx
11-09-2006, 01:18 AM
LoL I don't know if I should be in shock or what but I was exspecting a bigger responce given the fact a lot of people just getting into corns are asking about vets, kind of sad.

Oh well at least this is getting viewed and not ignored. :shrugs:

TheHated
11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
:cry: None are near me. Only if i want a 6 hour drive there and back. Oh well

Shade
11-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I got lucky, it seems. There's one that's only a 45 minute walk from my house.

Flagg
11-09-2006, 08:35 AM
LoL I don't know if I should be in shock or what but I was exspecting a bigger responce given the fact a lot of people just getting into corns are asking about vets, kind of sad.

Oh well at least this is getting viewed and not ignored. :shrugs:

Maybe all those exclamation points scared people off.

"In shock"? "kind of sad"? overdramatize much?

ramanth
11-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Nice link, though I already knew I had a local reptile vet. About a 5 minute drive away. :) He was nice and treated my crested gecko.

P.S. Ohhhhh... found two other people listed in my city. 3 rep vets less than 5 minutes away?! Jackpot! :grin01:

bill38112
11-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the link. I was happily surprised to find three vets in my area. You have done us all a great service.

xXMetalsAngelXx
11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Maybe all those exclamation points scared people off.

"In shock"? "kind of sad"? overdramatize much?

LoL possibly and I'm a chick so overdramatizing is part of the package.

No biggie really, choice of words must have been bad but what can you do right?