PDA

View Full Version : Ever heared this?

Ever heared this?

SnakeAround
11-12-2006, 11:18 AM
I read somewhere that if a snake has not eaten for a long time, its bowels start to 'stick' together nad food cannot pass anymore and the snake will die. First time I heared that. Any thoughts or comments on this?

BeckyG
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I've never heard that. What I have heard, though, is that a healthy snake can go for up to a year without food. I wouldn't recommend it, of course, but it sounds to me like if they can do that, it would take an awfully long time for the bowels to start sticking together.

SnakeAround
11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I've never heard that. What I have heard, though, is that a healthy snake can go for up to a year without food. I wouldn't recommend it, of course, but it sounds to me like if they can do that, it would take an awfully long time for the bowels to start sticking together.

My thoughts too....

I saw this in an ad in which the advertiser said he wants to give any non feeder a second chance if a person has given up on it or does not want to take the time, money and efforts to force feed it (anymore).... Then he 'explained' that eventually bowels will stick together and they die... maybe to make people worry about non feeders more and give them to him?

BeckyG
11-13-2006, 07:21 PM
My thoughts too....

I saw this in an ad in which the advertiser said he wants to give any non feeder a second chance if a person has given up on it or does not want to take the time, money and efforts to force feed it (anymore).... Then he 'explained' that eventually bowels will stick together and they die... maybe to make people worry about non feeders more and give them to him?

That is possible. He is using it as a sort of scam to get free snakes. Personally, I'd think a snake would starve to death before the bowels stick together, but I'm not a vet. That's just my opinion.