PDA

View Full Version : any milk experts.......

any milk experts.......

gwb8568
11-12-2006, 02:17 PM
just wondering what to do with Firehouse, my huge 03 Tangerine Honduran. i had allot of problem feeders around 1 month ago but now all have fed except this one. i just tried to feed him again today and he refused again. the only thing i have not tried is overnight, but getting up and leaving the house @ 5:30 makes it a little difficult to have to "baby" a snake that early. i mean, i guess i could try it, but even after a few hours it starts stinking awful. he did good for me the first three feedings but has quit since then. all he does 80-90% of the time is lay curled up in his water bowl and when i go to get him out, he is very cold but becomes active like normal. i don't know if his body is tyring to brumate or what (i did buy him from a breeder that has bred him before) but i am not capable of brumating yet. here is a list of his feedings in case it helps. any/all responses would be appreciated. thanks for looking. sorry if this is supposed to be corns only, i was trying to keep it in the feeding section.

8/25 live adult good
9/1 f/t adult good
9/9 f/t adult good
9/22 f/t adult refused
10/1 f/t adult refused
10/7 f/t adult refused
10/22 f/t adult refused
10/29 f/t adult refused
11/12 f/t adult refused

the last 3 refusals were with the specially fixed "gourmet" mice that worked on all of the other non-feeders. :shrugs:

DaemoNox
11-12-2006, 02:23 PM
By spending most of his time in the waterbowl my first thought would be that hes just not comfortable, feeling the safest in his dish; which may also explain why he's not eating. Perhaps try different hides/substrate or even a different enclosure. One thing I've seen commom with my hondurans is they go on live only streaks, refusing thawed but taking live eagerly.

gwb8568
11-12-2006, 06:16 PM
thank you........i will try and switch some stuff around, maybe even go buy another live later this week. the only problem is the first time i fed him it was live and took like 3 hours to eat (after going 10+ days since his last feeding) plus he let his food ride him like a roller-coaster for quite some time. i thought as close as they were to each other without anything happening that they would become best of friends. :grin01: he has really never been THAT active at all since i have had him. :shrugs: he is still looking pretty good, i.e. not getting skinny or anything yet, but still has me a little concerned. thanks again for replying.