PDA

View Full Version : Regurge...but I haven't fed him

Regurge...but I haven't fed him

rushrulz
11-24-2006, 01:27 AM
I found what looks like a regurge in Blaise's viv, except I haven't fed him. :shrugs:

He got here Tuesday morning, and I've left him alone (minus looking in at him and checking temperatures). I looked in just now and saw this slimy thing on the base of his fake plant. It appears to be a small regurge. However, I assume he had finished digesting before being shipped (this is from SMR, and they're reliable). So...what the heck?

I just poked it (eww), and it seems to be mainly skin.

Rorryy
11-24-2006, 03:52 AM
My guess would be that the trauma of shipping caused your snake to stress and upchuck. Wait the recommended 10 days to get his digestive system back on track, let him get settled and then offer a prey item. Watch him closely and see what happens then let us know the results! Best of luck to you and your new one.

:wavey:

MegF.
11-24-2006, 12:02 PM
It could be a poop with the undigested skin in it. Ask SMR when the baby was last fed. They should have given you feed and shed records anyway. If it's more than 4 days I'd figure it is a poop.

Fenderplayer108
11-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a poop to me because I doubt SMR would let a snake go right after it ate.

rushrulz
11-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't think they would, either. But there's no brown in it. It's just a slimy pink membrane sort of thing.

Oh well, he wouldn't be fed until next week, anyway--until he's settled.

MichaelBoyko
11-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Sounds like puke to me, sure fire way to tell is a strong acidic smell to it. If it just smells of ass, then it's poop. 8-p Yes, those are the technical terms.

rushrulz
11-24-2006, 10:21 PM
I would say it's more of a poop smell than an acid smell. Also, it seems to have turned brown--either from exposure or from me messing with it.