PDA

View Full Version : Changed supplyer = non feeding corn again!!!

Changed supplyer = non feeding corn again!!!

11-28-2006, 01:39 AM
When I first got my corn she was a problem feeder.. After alot of patience she finally feed for me in a paperbag+ivory soap method... Then she started eatting non washed pinks then finally eatting in my feeding tub instead of her paper bag... I was so happy when I saw the improvement!!! But now she refused 2 times in a row!! She was eatting every 4 days for me for about 2 months!! Whats going on? All I can't think of is I got the pinks from a diffrent store... Temps are fine everything else is fine...

HELP...

11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
ANYBODY?? Do corns ever stop feeding? All I heard is that corns should eat like pigs... :shrugs:

Madame
11-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Next time you buy food, go back to the old store and see what she does. She could also be in shed, or if she recently shed it could be why. Mine won't eat during or right after a shed, maybe that's why?

Also, mine isn't a pig. I've tried offering two pinks and she never goes for the second one.

Flagg
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
I bought a bag of hoppers from a different vendor at the local reptile show once, and none of my corns would touch them, ever. They seemed ok, though they smelled a little stronger than usual. I tried washing them, nothing worked. Luckily I had other sizes still in the freeser from my own mice and the original vendor I bought from, and tried those after a few refusals. They ate the other mice just fine. The "bad" hoppers went in the trash and I will definitely not buy from that vendor again.

11-28-2006, 01:16 PM
HMMM.. Good point! I never knew some won't eat after shed... I never feed it during shed but I thought after its all good... My snake just shed 4 days ago... could this be the reason? I can never tell.. my other corn eats when ever where ever... And does this happen often like change suppliers and they don't eat?

Fenderplayer108
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Just to back you up, it could be that. I have had snakes that refused to eat certain types of mice. Mostly, what I have found is that it is not from the look of the mouse rather then the smell. Certain shops have certain smells. The mice may have been raised on a different type of bedding. I would just get the mice from the other shop. If thats what the cause is, you know what will get the snake to eat and then just keep trying others.
Ryan

11-28-2006, 06:19 PM
going to get some more pinks tonight from my old store.. hope it works! thanks.