PDA

View Full Version : help on new yrs

help on new yrs

Unregister
01-01-2003, 09:38 AM
lz reply as soon as possible to this post....

right....on new yrs eve i fed my corn snake and he ate it happily and after he had finished me and my family went out for new years.once we had came back i saw that he had shed....but before that he had shown no signs of shedding......(dull colour, cloudy eyes). i picked out the shed and looked to see if there was any shed left on his tail.......but once he saw me he took a (hissin);) fit, and bombed across his tank like a looney!!

* anyone have a clue y he was pi**ed off???
* y no signs?

p.s) wonder if he shed in 02/03????

Lizzyx:rolleyes:

CornCrazy
01-01-2003, 09:50 AM
It's normal for young snakes to behave that way at times.

What color is he? Sometimes with the light colored ones, it is harder to tell when they are in blue phase.

As for when he shed, who knows??? I usually put down the date when I find the shed skin.

Unregister
01-01-2003, 02:43 PM
hes usually a light colour!
this is the first time he has acted like this....hopefully the last..

if any other people have any ideas plz reply!:D

sue frederick
01-01-2003, 09:35 PM
I think you probably scared him. He had just eaten the day before, right? Remember that they feel vulnerable for a few days after they eat, as they are sluggish and cannot move as quickly to avoid predators. So he wasn't up to his regular behavior, plus maybe it feels uncomfortable until the new skin hardens up a bit due to the exposure to air. Of course, it could be something totally different. These are just guesses on my part.
suefrederick

Clutch Master
01-02-2003, 10:45 AM
When my snakes shed, first they turn opaque and then back to normal for a day or two and then they shed.

Unregister
01-03-2003, 07:12 AM
thanx for the replys!

any more would be welcome

wheeler78
01-03-2003, 08:40 AM
just make sure to check for the eye caps in the shed i'm sure you did this allready but thats what poped in my mind when i first read what you posted.