PDA

View Full Version : whitch way for non eaters do you find the best

whitch way for non eaters do you find the best

MentalMenace
01-01-2003, 01:31 PM
whitch way do you find the best to get a non eater to eat???

please olso reply combined ways that you guys find good ways to get none eaters toeat or to say ways that i havent put in the poll i left out putting them in a small box/paper bag because that is pretty standard

carol
01-01-2003, 02:39 PM
For me, I usually try leaving the snake with the pinky overnight, then I try a pinky head. If it is a "true blue" stubborn eater, I put it in it's own shoe box sized bin with it's own hide, leave it alone for three days and then in the late afternoon I place an anole head in a cup and place the cup in the cage as far away from the snake as possible so it doesn't smell it until I am gone. Cover the cage with a towel so it is totally dark and NO PEEKING until morning. This has worked every time for me, I don't try it first off, but I don't try to many other things before it since I always have great sucess with it. Once I find thier weakness, it never takes long to get them off of anoles and on to pinkys. But it could work so well for me because I have lots of Miams and they have been known to like their anoles.;)

Susan
01-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Lizard scenting is my last resort if live or brained in a bag doesn't work. If the lizard scenting doesn't work, and the hatchling is starting to get thin and weak, I'll force-feed a very small pinky once a week until the snake is stronger. After that, and if the snake survives the stress, lizard scenting is almost a 100% guarantee (IMO). Then I go to brained with a slight lizard scent, then brained only, then they're eating F/T with everybody else.