PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this happen?

Anyone had this happen?

xXMetalsAngelXx
12-08-2006, 01:27 AM
My 06 Lavender Lilly was going to be fed today, so as planned put her in her feeding bin and left her alone, the BF and I come back to noticed she is gagging, so trying to be calm about it Tim picked her up and long and behold she shed in her feeding bin and the shed was attached to the pinky and was swallowing her shed. So while Tim held her up I had to pull the shed out of her throat, slowly of course and as I got to the end the tip of the shed was wrapped on the mouses tail. At that point my mind was racing and before I should even think of what to do next she regurgitated.

I'm worried because of the stress of it all but she's a tough girl. Just wondering is anyone has had something like this happen.

Nanci
12-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I haven't had that happen, but I had something similar happen that made me feel badly- Maizey was due to shed, and her eyes had gone clear, and I had thought she'd be all shed by the time I got home with her dinner, but she hadn't- so I fed her anyway. Well, she didn't eat the mouse, and shed in the feeding container, and crapped all over, and was in there all miserable- I felt _so_ bad that I tried to feed her. I waited till the next night, and she ate just fine.

Poor little Lilly! I am curious to hear how long you are advised to wait- if it will be treated as a "real" regurge, or not as serious because it was induced by pulling the shed out.

Nanci

MegF.
12-08-2006, 08:22 AM
I would treat is as a regular regurge and wait. I doubt you'll have any problems but just give her time to replenish. Poor thing!

BeckyG
12-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I would too. And if you have some Nutribac handy, it wouldn't hurt to add a pinch to her drinking water.

lefty_mussolini
12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Wow... that is pretty unusual. I'm sure that she'll be fine though :)
I would treat is as a regular regurge and wait. I doubt you'll have any problems but just give her time to replenish. Poor thing!
Yep... just what I was thinking. :)

xXMetalsAngelXx
12-08-2006, 04:24 PM
She's doing alright. I checked on her today and she seems fine. We'll give it another couple of days. I'm sure she will be fine, I'm just a over dramatic mom. Thanks for all the concern!