PDA

View Full Version : Healthy but refuses to eat...seasonal change?

Healthy but refuses to eat...seasonal change?

demondepaul
12-08-2006, 02:05 AM
I have a corn that I got as a month old or two...it has eaten fine since the summer...now it won't eat pinkies that it used to. Is this due to the seasonal change? The temp in the viv has stayed a constant approx. 80 degrees on the warm side and all other variables are constant...what could be causing this? He/She is otherwise healthy and doesnt have an attitude or physical change besides the non eating factor. This normal? Please help. (it hasnt eaten since Novemeber 19 and this was posted Dec 7. I was feeding a pinkie every 5 days or so.)

MegF.
12-08-2006, 08:25 AM
How old is it now? If it's around a year and a half it could be a male going off food. I'd bump your warm side up a bit too. Maybe have it in the mid 80's instead of 80 degrees. Is he/she more active too? Cruising the viv and such?

BeckyG
12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
It is possible that it is a seasonal change. My male amel went off his feed this time last year and didn't eat again until May. This, along with the increased activity Meg noted, is typical for males approaching/during breeding season, even if they don't breed.

Another possibility is that is has outgrown pinkies and they just don't interest him any more. Try giving him a larger mouse and see if he'll take it.