PDA

View Full Version : Not Shedding Right!

Not Shedding Right!

JGAust
12-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Hello my 5 month old Common Corn is shedding in little pieces and it has been going on for 3 days... What should I do?!?!?!?!?!

diamondlil
12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Use a snake-o-bath! put a wet washcloth in a lidded tub (with ventilation holes) and this should be the result

Jessicat
12-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Add some sphagnum moss to his tank the next time hes in shed. The winter months can really dry out your snake and cause havok on their sheds.

JGAust
12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I did what Diamondlil said and it worked but now the shed skin is colored. It has his pattern on it. But my Butter Corn's skin was clear. Is this normal.

JGAust
12-09-2006, 12:06 PM
An add on to the snake-O-Bath... He dosnt know how to swim.... So I tought him, kind of. He dosnt sink now. Yay!

Paradox
12-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes that's normal. The amount of pigment (Colouring) in a snakes shed varies. :)

MegF.
12-09-2006, 01:54 PM
You usually don't put so much water that they have to swim. Just enough to have a very wet towel. I mist before sheds if I live in a dry climate or you can make a humid hide out of a butter tub with some damp moss inside and a hole cut in the side for him to go into it. Or, you can just drape paper towels in a tent and wet it down with a water sprayer every day until they shed. They usually will sit under it.

BeckyG
12-09-2006, 01:56 PM
An add on to the snake-O-Bath... He dosnt know how to swim.... So I tought him, kind of. He dosnt sink now. Yay!

He shouldn't have to swim. The water should be just above the level of the towel and low enough he can rest on the bottom if he wants to.

It is normal to see some of the pattern on the shed. Your butter is a much lighter snake than a normal, therefore it stands to reason that his shed wouldn't show much pattern.

JGAust
12-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the advise guys.