PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do I Feed?

How Often Do I Feed?

snakefreak99
01-02-2003, 11:09 PM
I recently bought Two ghost hatchlings that are about 14 inches and i want them to grow really big as fast as possible.There EXELLENT eaters.Theyll chomp down a pinkie in less than a minute.I feed them every 4-5 days.I want to know the soonest i can feed them without hurting them.

Thanks in advance,
Jordan
:D

Iris
01-02-2003, 11:34 PM
I think every 4 days is good for hatchlings. How much do you feed in one feeding?
Some people think that overfeeding or powerfeeding is not healthy for the snake in the long run, others disagree.
I don't think 4 days is too often but it depends on how much you feed each time.

snakefreak99
01-03-2003, 01:02 PM
can i feed them two?or is that to much??

thx
jordan

Ps:i would like as many peoples opinions as possible

CornCrazy
01-03-2003, 01:24 PM
two pinkies are fine as long as the lump is not apparent after a couple of days. You never want to feed them if you can still see undigested food. It can stress their digestive systems.

Wa$ted
01-03-2003, 01:58 PM
when people say my snake is 15" what does that mean ,,inches or centimeters,,,cause if its inches ,,,2 pinkies arent big enough
i have a 18 inch corn ,,,,,i fed it a blind fuzzy,,,today i just fed it a blind fuzzy. after 3 weeks i fed it whats a bit larger than a fuzzy,,,

so does ( " ) mean inches,,if it does,,,i suggest you switch to blind fuzzies.

get them used to eating thawed mice if theyre eating live ones,,please do that. if you want ways to do that please check previous posts

Iris
01-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Yup, " means inches
I think two pinkies at each feeding will be ok. Or you could move up to one fuzzie each feeding.

CowBoyWay
01-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Boy if that were meters you could just feed em the door to door salesman.
Every 4 days just have em send out another salesman ;-)

2.54 centimeters = 1 inch (1")