• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding Time; Important?

angusrock

Is it impportant to feed my baby corn once a week, or would it matter if i fed him around that time just a day or two off. its about 5 months old or so.

Defining Baby

At five months it depends. Have you had it for five months and got it on a routine? Or did you buy it at five months old? Typically hatchlings are suppossed to be fed more frequently for nutrition purposes. More like every 5 days or so. Every seven is not bad but it is better to stick to the later I mentioned. I fed my corn as a hatchling once a week, every seven days. I've had two feedings that were a day off due to holiday and stores being closed but the snake wasn't effected by it. It really shouldn't matter just so long as when the corn is that young you don't wait like 2-3 weeks between feed. It's important to stay on routine with the feeding at such a young age or the corn could not get the appropriate nutrition it needs. Hope this helps. Let us know if you're able to get it on a normal routine as far as feeding. Good luck.

In direct answer to your question, a day or two should not effect whether not a snake will feed or not.

There are many breeders that feed hatchlings every 7 days. Most snakes can miss a meal or two with out a problem. If you snake is healthy and otherwise has been feeding well, missing several days will not harm the snake. Remember in the wild they might not always be lucky enough to find a meal at regular intervals!

Joanna

Back