PDA

View Full Version : Close call last night!!

Close call last night!!

CAcornguy
01-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Last night a t about 1 in the morning, 2 of my males escaped from thier cage! They climed up the hammock, and pushed the screen off the top. I wonder if they are stressed out living together. I will be getting new cages soon, but I had to make room in one of the tanks for a new Baby I got. She is a Beautiful Bubblegum Snow, named Rosie by the way. Anyway, Luckily one of my roommates heard something on the stairs, so he grabbed his gun, and flashlight and found my Anerythristic male. The Normal male was much harder to find, but damn my roomie has good eyes because he found him in the closet on the middle shelf under a towel. I think we got lucky, because a lot of people lose them for a long time. My new little female is such a good escape artist too! She already learned to climb her thermometer, and lay herself along the edge of the top of the tank, under the screen. She is only the size of a pencil. She can barley eat one day old pinkies! I will have to watch her close! The creen is held down on her cage, so all I had to do was put something heavy on top of the males cage. Does anybody have any good ideas for a nice Cage system where it is somewhat compact, but still looks good. I do not want a shelving type thing like breeders use. I want something where you can look into the cages. Sorry about such a long posting!! Hope to hear from you folks. -Don

Iris
01-04-2003, 03:10 PM
You can buy those tank clips to prevent your snakes from escaping again. They're about a buck each around here.
I find that heavy books and similar things placed on top tend to push the screen in which I don't like

Emix Max
01-04-2003, 10:17 PM
I am new at this, but I have two snake cages(one dumirils boa... I think that is how you spell it.. and my Rootbeer Corn)My Rootbeer Corns screen is a sliding system with pins, so the snakes cannot push it up... my Boa's is not a sliding system, but it is very heavy, so you don't have to use a book or some other heavy object.... I found both of mine at reptile shows.

clumsly
06-19-2003, 01:49 AM
i ahve a 55 gallon with a screen cover and i simplely put a 5 pound weight on either side so there no way they csn lift it up. hope this helpes.