PDA

View Full Version : Humid hide

Humid hide

DogStar5988
12-26-2006, 08:11 AM
I've made my corn a humid hide since the humidity here/in his take gets pretty low (30-40%) I was wondering if there is any danger of respiratory infection if he stays in the humid hide for a long time. He pretty much stays in whatever hide he is in so if he stays in the wetness for a long time could that pose a risk?
Also what are the rules regarding re-freezing pinkys? is that a no-no?
Tank stats (warm side: 90 Air temp:70 Humidity: 30-40%) I know the tank is a little too hot on warm side, will fix soon ;)
Thanks

Nanci
12-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Did you make the humid hide for shedding? And, once he goes blue, he stays where he is and doesn't move?

Maizey will go into her humid hide and stay for about ten days. I touch her every once in a while, and she exhales loudly but doesn't move. We live in Florida where it's plenty humid anyway. I've never had a problem.

Choco also goes into his humid hide and stays for the eight-ten days it takes him to shed. But he loves his humid hide so much I leave it in with him all the time. When he isn't shedding, he visits it daily, but also rests in other places. He particularly likes to be under the humid hide if he isn't in it. It's cool when he's in there- I can see him sleeping- he likes to be up at the top- or just cruising around inside it.

Maizey barely fits in hers- so she has to stuff herself in- she could never cruise around like Choco can.

I'll refreeze a pink if it's been out less than an hour, once. I date it so I know. More than that- I just throw it away. Mostly, I just throw them away anyway. But since I started cutting them- no refusals ever!!

Nanci

DogStar5988
12-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Yeah I just think he will be shedding soon because his scales have a duller look right now. I was just worried that laying on a wet serface for a few days might make him sick because once he finds a place he likes he stays there. I was just going to put some wet paper towel on the bottom (its an empty butter dish).

BeckyG
12-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't think it will hurt them as long as they have dry areas to go to when they need to.