PDA

View Full Version : Picky Eaters?

Picky Eaters?

unbakedbrownie
12-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I was wondering what everyones opinions are on what to do about picky eaters. I don't have a corn, yet, but this is just something that I heard about.

I used to work at a small, local, pet store. We had a customer come in once that wanted to buy a gerbil because that was the only thing her snake would eat. She said he bounced to and fro mice, rats, and gerbils.

What would be the best way to handle that sort of situation? Your experiences with picky eaters? etc!

tricksterpup
12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey, welcome to Cornsnakes.com
I suggest reading this here first.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

And remember to research your local breeder and make sure you get a frozen eater.

MegF.
12-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I've had picky eaters, but not like that. They just don't always want to eat. When they do though, they eat the mice I offered. I'm not sure I'd want to mess with something that is so difficult that it will only accept certain types of food though. I would also second the idea that you go thru a breeder who can tell you exactly when and what they are eating. I always send full shed/feed records with my babies.

unbakedbrownie
12-30-2006, 03:53 AM
Thank you for the info.

This wasn't for me and I had already planned to go through a breeder. I was just curious as to what everyone thought about that! :D thank you all! :D