PDA

View Full Version : hasn't pooped yet

hasn't pooped yet

sueb
01-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Hey guys, got question for ya. I fed Cleo about a week ago now 2 f/t , and she hasn't pooped yet, and now she is starting to go into shed. Is that a big problem?????:confused: She has always pooped about 2 or 3 days after eating. Help, could she be constipated??
Another question for you: when I went to buy my f/t mice, the pet store that I deal with were out of them, so I got live, but one of the guys killed them for me, however he accidently "exploded " 2 of them at the stomach of the mouse, (it was really gross!) Is it bad for the snake to eat the mouse like this? I fed her one of the "exploded" mice and it's insides were stretched out along the substrate and the bark was getting stuck to them. I had to try to get the bark off of the mouse parts so that she wouldn't swallow the bark, could this have stressed her out and that is why she hasn't pooped yet?? Please help! Thanks alot!:D I threw the other "exploded" mouse out! I didn't want to take the chance again of stressing her out.:)

Iris
01-07-2003, 02:56 AM
I don't think it would stress her...well maybe your poking to get the bark off but if she ate it and kept it down it should be ok. next time just feed on a smooth surface like a table top.
You can try giving her a bath to loosen up her bowels.
A lot of times though, I see my snakes shed, then poop right after.
Just wait a bit and she'll probably poop eventually. If she doesn't poop for a long time, then there might be something wrong, but don't get too worried yet.