PDA

View Full Version : Feeding adjustment?

Feeding adjustment?

DogStar5988
01-07-2007, 02:58 AM
I have just switched Dante to two pinkies for the last two feedings (every five days), his last feeding was on the 8th with no problem. I have noticed that his eyes are starting to glaze over and he is going into blue, so the question is since he is suppose to eat in three days should I cut it down to one pinkie until after he sheds? I know a lot of people don't feed at all when their snake is in blue but Dante is still a little guy and I would rather cut down on his meal instead of eliminating it. Thanks for your opinion ;)

snakemom1961
01-07-2007, 04:20 AM
I'm not expert, but the last feeding for my baby(no name still after 3 months) was her first 3 pink feeding. After I thawed out the pinks, I put them in her viv, I took her out of her hide and realized she was in blue. Wasn't sure if she'd eat 1 pink let alone 2, but sure enough, she ate both pinks with no problem. No regurg after or any problems at all. Tonite I fed her, her second meal of 2 pinks and again no problem. Just wanted you to know that all snakes are different, but If your snake has been on 2 pinks before I don't see any reason not to feed it 2 pinks now.......jmo

nigel the corn snake
01-07-2007, 06:31 AM
I think i know why your snakes eyes are blue and glazed ove cos my snake did that once it only means that your snake is trying to shed its skin maybe you dont have anything rough for her to rub against on.

snakemom1961
01-07-2007, 07:02 AM
All snakes go intro "blue" before they shed. Having something rough in her viv has nothing to do with it....they will go into "blue" and shed on thier own time. What does matter is that you have been feeding it correctly, and that you have a "hot" area at about 85, and a "cool" area of about 75. hope this helps.
"

BeckyG
01-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Some snakes will eat in shed, others refuse. I'd offer him his regular meal on his regular day. If he eats, great. If he doesn't, wait until the next time.

Nanci
01-07-2007, 08:50 AM
In three days he ought to be _really_ blue. I think I'd thaw _one_ and see if he's the type that eats while blue, or the kind that just wants to be left alone. You can always thaw a second pink quickly if he wants to eat, and if not, only one is wasted.

Nanci

DogStar5988
01-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your opinions ;) I was just concerned because I've heard of people's snakes regurging when they eat in blue. I think I'll chance it and offer his normal amount.