PDA

View Full Version : feeding problems

feeding problems

spoolin83
01-07-2007, 10:55 PM
i fed my baby corn snake for the first time, and someone told me to cut the pinkies in half, could someone please help and tell me if thats good at this size or if he/she is big enough for a whole

Lennycorn
01-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Sorry but that was hard to tell by that picture. But you would be surprise how big of an food item they can handle. What size are you feeding now? And is he having a feeding problem? Or did someone just tell you to cut them in half.

spoolin83
01-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry but that was hard to tell by that picture. But you would be surprise how big of an food item they can handle. What size are you feeding now? And is he having a feeding problem? Or did someone just tell you to cut them in half.

someone just told me, that was the first time i fed him, how long should it take to pass what they eat

Lennycorn
01-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Three to five days.
Tell me about your setup for the snake. bedding , heat. temps and such.

snakemom1961
01-08-2007, 10:41 AM
How old is your baby? I haven't heard you have to cut the pinks in half even for new born baby's. I'd only make sure the pinks you feed are small, as in day or 2 old. For our baby that was about a month old we fed her 1 small pink every 5 days, she is about 3 months old and I just moved her up to 2 pinks and soon will be trying fuzzies. I don't think it would hurt to try a full pink and see how your baby handles it. If you end up with a regurge, wait the 10 day regurge protocal then start again with the half pinks.... JMO

spoolin83
01-08-2007, 12:16 PM
this is the first snake that i have had, so when i heard to cut them in half i figured that it was the best and that it might hurt the snake, probably sounds stupid but didn't wanna waste my money. so next time i am gonna try and feed him/her a whole pinkie and see what happens

Nanci
01-08-2007, 12:52 PM
When you go buy your pinkies, just ask for the very, very smallest ones. There is a huge size difference in "pinks."

Nanci

snakemom1961
01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
doesn't sound stupid at all. I'm pretty sure your snake can handle a whole pink. Like I said before if for some reason it regurges the whole pink, wait 10 days then start again with half pinks for a couple feedings, then try the whole pink again,......good luck!