PDA

View Full Version : Help with Canon Powershot A630

Help with Canon Powershot A630

volare
01-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone. I just got a new Canon Powershot A630 for Christmas, since my old cheap one is dead for good (waah). While I was pretty good with my old one, my new Canon is just too damn confusing. The fact that my mom's already lost the manual does nothing to help.

Anyways, long story short- new snake came today, I wanted to try my hand at a few photos, and all atempts to get a close up shot wound up looking like crap. Well, all the photos wound up looking like crap. So! I was just wondering how I could come up with some good (or at least decent) closeups on my snake. Would I have to buy a lens? Or is there a way to get good closeups in it somewhere? Thanks!

Snake_Charmer
01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I have the Powershot A610 which is nearly the same camera but just can't take pictures as big.

You need to put it in macro mode and to do that look on the back of the camera...underneath the ring around the "Func. Set" button is a little picture of a flower/tulip. Press down (on the bottom of the ring) and a little white tulip should show up on your LCD display, now it's in macro mode and you should be able to get good close-ups.

Pauline

volare
01-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Hrm. I'll have to see how that works, then. And just mess with the camera in general. Thank you so much!

Snake_Charmer
01-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Came across this site while looking for something else...it may help til you find your manual:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a630_a640-review/

and I saw my camera box this morning so my manual should be in it...I'd be happy to look anything up for you, just let me know :)

Pauline

volare
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much for finding this site. It's a real help. :) And I have no work tomorrow, so I'll spend the day hunting my damn manual down. Thanks again!